Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Fly Hurricane IIc re-do done

I like this scheme a bit more than the old one but, somehow, I'm just not turned on my it. Go figure. Just one of those things. Still, I do like it's looks with all the red bullet hole patches! :) Remember to click on the images for best resolution. 😉

9-12-21 001.jpg

9-12-21 002.jpg

9-12-21 003.jpg

9-12-21 004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

John 🏆

Your Hurricane re-do looks fantastic and the cammo work is perfect. If the patches bother you, I would just remove them.

Great idea and what a way to go back and re-do a finish or even the kit itself (I've done that once on the old forum with one of my 1/32 Tamiya P-51D's.)

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John 🏆

Your Hurricane re-do looks fantastic and the cammo work is perfect. If the patches bother you, I would just remove them.

Great idea and what a way to go back and re-do a finish or even the kit itself (I've done that once on the old forum with one of my 1/32 Tamiya P-51D's.)

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I think the patches look just fine. Shows some "use"! :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

John, that looks fabulous, although the patches show use, the rest of the machine shows clean. It must have been a brand new machine when it too it’s first baptism of fire.

I like the Fly kit. It’s a challenging, but not too challenging kit. And given the importance of the Hurricane throughout the war, precious little interest has been paid to it by the major model manufacturers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

John, that looks fabulous, although the patches show use, the rest of the machine shows clean. It must have been a brand new machine when it too it’s first baptism of fire.

I like the Fly kit. It’s a challenging, but not too challenging kit. And given the importance of the Hurricane throughout the war, precious little interest has been paid to it by the major model manufacturers. 

Thanks Ernie. I doubt it was a new a/c. I just decided not to dirty it up other than the exhausts stains.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Looking good, I like the idea of re finishing models, after you have spent a lot of time on the build and interiors it is definately worth doing.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I agree. A re-do can make a older build look better for sure. And it's easier than building a whole new kit. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Never thought about a redo, but your Hurricane shows, it can be a good idea, specially when something was nagging all the time, that just felt not right. Great job on the painting.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I think it looks a lot better in it's new scheme. :)

• Like 1