The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Lysander Mk. III - Eduard 1/48

Bomber_County

So Ju 88 very close to finishing up, it’s time for something new for the bench and the new year.

Eduard Profipack Lysander Mk III ( ex Gavia ). The Airfix Lysander (header bag) was the first model I built and still have that secreted away. To the best of my knowledge Eduard are the only gig in town for this scale. Wish someone would do a 32nd, bar Matchbox that is…….

I’m sure with the vintage of moulds there will be some headaches but Eduard have added some AM & PE. This is not the newest boxing and I think there are extras in the latest. Have a couple books to go with, the Continuation War is very good…….

95E4BACB-F569-4CF1-9CAD-88028EE6E8A6.thumb.jpeg.6c0f0d2921ce377c74ec8a964055c302.jpeg

DB9AE953-8584-4E29-803A-57E3AE97350C.thumb.jpeg.8ab512d5d7660b933515c5c403cf48d5.jpeg

AF6F10D6-2840-45E1-A30C-BF3101511DCB.thumb.jpeg.8ac0582fd34015e7eded920a8d56105f.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice choice Phil, I ever wanted to build a decent 32 scale Lysander. I built one as a kid, I guess it was a Matchbox kit in 72 scale, but I'm not sure. I love the quirky design and am eager to see, what you do with this one :popcorn:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice choice Phil, I ever wanted to build a decent 32 scale Lysander. I built one as a kid, I guess it was a Matchbox kit in 72 scale, but I'm not sure. I love the quirky design and am eager to see, what you do with this one :popcorn:.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, it’s been sitting in the stash for a couple of years, looking at the plastic I think it’s going to be testing…..

• Like 4

Phil

Perfect choice for your next build and I'll be following along :popcorn: - front and center. Just can't go wrong with an Eduard Profi kit.

Believe it or not, I have a few Profi kits in the stash and hoping to build them this year.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Perfect choice for your next build and I'll be following along :popcorn: - front and center. Just can't go wrong with an Eduard Profi kit.

This one has been in the stash awhile. Perhaps start one when the new model room is ready……

• Like 3

On 1/4/2022 at 2:35 PM, Peterpools said:

She looks good to me. I know one is being fully restored to airworthiness but can't remember where or by whom 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, the Shuttleworth Collection have a SOE version and have feeling Planes of Fame (think that’s right) have one restoration . Picture care of Shuttleworth Collection…….

7CC8A5EE-F511-4C54-9BE8-D750B2754416.jpeg.79ac6c0a6997616c62736b1bc32966f6.jpeg

• Like 6

I built the Lysander last year Phil, very nice kit indeed. I would recommend dry fitting the canopy and wing components numerous times to get a good idea of how it all fits together. That was the weakest point in my build as I followed the instructions religiously. Bad move. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

Kev

• Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 5:55 PM, Bomber_County said:

which scheme did you do……

Phil I did it as part of a Battle of Britain group build. Search and Rescue role, they used to fly over the channel and drop dinghies for downed aircrew. I would have to check which squadron it was. My memory is shocking!

Cheers

Kev

• Like 4

So with having to go back to work and niggling the last bits on the Ju88, haven’t had a lot of time but small update……

I bought some AK Cement Standard, Extra Thin and Extra Thin Quick. The standard is excellent, has the viscosity of nail varnish ( watch your other half next time) with no drip. For wings and fuselages it’s going to be my go to…….

9FEDE591-6709-4A23-ADD4-CD2A0526EBFC.thumb.jpeg.683e3a7f7890026e649b713f90d7b17b.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks Peter, the AK range came as a bundle which worked out a lot cheaper than Tamiya. The extra thin and the extra thin quick are very similar to Tamiya. It’s the standard which I found to be good. It has a large brush and is, I describe as glutinous but not thick. Also it doesn’t really drip, ideal for wings as you need time and adhesion……..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the end of another short weekend of benchtime, just can’t find anytime during the week now…….I need to retire…..anyway ironically everything is ready to put this kit together but the cockpit is typical Westland frame so I little fiddly to line up etc. So here’s to next weekend 😟…….

437A19BA-DE6C-4AD4-B268-FBA3D72B7E58.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1