The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Aussie Mirage III D

hi guys 

do you like the Mirage ???? I do !!!!! here is my last build . A conversion from " Scaleworx " , the base is the Revell / Italieri kit .... It wasn't a cool journey , I had to fill gaps , sand down  , sometimes improvised , but despite the issues , I enjoyed building this kit .. I replaced the conversion seats , which are rather nice though , with the seats from " sparkit " .....any critics , and comments are welcome .. thanks !!!!!!

cheers 

Alain

125.jpg

224.jpg

324.jpg

7424.jpg

523.jpg

624.jpg

727.jpg

825.jpg

923.jpg

1024.jpg

1124.jpg

1323.jpg

1419.jpg

the "Sparkit "seats 

6311.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Really nice Alain. How did the Scaleworx pieces fit? They were great on the Cheetah C kit but I just wondered if the two-seater forward fuselage fitted as well as that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GusMac said:

Really nice Alain. How did the Scaleworx pieces fit? They were great on the Cheetah C kit but I just wondered if the two-seater forward fuselage fitted as well as that.

hi guys

thank you for your comments

the scaleworx conversion ,was a challenge  for me , maybe a more skillful modeler will nail it more easily  than me , I encountered fit issues with the forward fuselage / main fuselage junction , but the worst fit was with the engine intakes , but as you can see , even if you have to use putty ,  sand paper or file , there is always a way to get a "decent " result  

cheers

Alain

• Like 3

These sleek lines of a Mirage, what's not to like there. Yours look wonderful Alain and has a great finish and great detailing especially around the cockpit. 
Welcome to LSM, where there were some Mirage derivate builds in the last time, all interesting to watch.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

What a brilliant build. You would think that I would have built every version of the Mirage there is as I am South African, but alas, I haven't. 

Need to fix that. 

Well done Alain. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

What a brilliant build. You would think that I would have built every version of the Mirage there is as I am South African, but alas, I haven't. 

Need to fix that. 

Well done Alain. 

maybe you already know this one 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.largescaleplanes.com%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F88879-32nd-mirage-iiid2z-with-scaleworx-conversion-set%2F&psig=AOvVaw1k2een6ffqUYBCq0tcPDHi&ust=1652280552828000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCMjvh-6W1fcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info Alain. 

Mistral on LSP also previously built the Cheetah C and I have to say I followed his process religiously as it help sort a number of the issues with the base kit and the conversion.  The fit of the intakes on the Cheetah was also problematic but some it was down to gaps in the Revell kit. As you say though, filler, sanding sticks and perseverance can solve a lot of problems! :thumbsup2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...