The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ZM A-1 Skyraider back on tap!

I had started this ZM A-1H Skyraider a while back but put it aside for "later". I guess now is "later". I used the Quinta cockpit interior which really sets off a cockpit. I intend to model a USAF SEA bird out of NKP, Thailand used mostly for SAR. Considering George Merritt's "Sock it to em" but that's not "for sure" right now. We'll see.

6-26-22 001.jpg

A-1H, 56th SOW, Sock It To Em, SEA, g Merritt.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

John

So glad you're back building the ZM Skyraider and leaving everything closed up except the canopy.  Great choice going with the Quinta Cockpit Decals and your front office looks fantastic. 

With you all the way, front and center. :popcorn:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Lots and lots of internal structure can be left off of this build.  Gonna be interesting. 
I fought the wingfold join a bit, but not horribly. 

It should be more enjoyable that the SB2C was. And this will be my 2nd ZM A-1 build so no surprises. :)

12-26 003.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi John

I'm pretty sure I remember your first ZM build many moons ago. Being an Air Force Sandy, I'm assume (chancy word of course), you're planning on the wings extended. The wing fold from what I remember has always been a bit tricky and some closeup pics of how you go about it sure would be very appreciated. :popcorn:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Hi John

I'm pretty sure I remember your first ZM build many moons ago. Being an Air Force Sandy, I'm assume (chancy word of course), you're planning on the wings extended. The wing fold from what I remember has always been a bit tricky and some closeup pics of how you go about it sure would be very appreciated. :popcorn:

I plan to extend the wings on this one so we will see how it goes. Fingers crossed! :)

• Like 3

Glad to see this back on the bench. I managed to get one for a great price a little while back. 

The first one I built I didn't have any issues with the wing fold. ZM had revised instructions for the wing fold on their website that supposedly make it easier(?) to put together. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Glad to see this back on the bench. I managed to get one for a great price a little while back. 

The first one I built I didn't have any issues with the wing fold. ZM had revised instructions for the wing fold on their website that supposedly make it easier(?) to put together. 

I'll have to check their site out then Carl. Anything to make it easier! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Carl, I never knew and checking it out for sure

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Always is something. I had no idea ZM had revised instructions on how to do the wing fold. Will be checking it out

That was news to me also. :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Carl. Just after I read your post, I went to ZM's site, found the correction and downloaded the PDF. Saved for future use.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

Coming right along. And of course, I've already managed to break off the two little static dischargers on the rudder.  No big surprise there! 😄

6-27-22 001.jpg

Oh, I hate those static dischargers. 

• Like 5