The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter P-51 "American Beauty"-Finished

This has to be one of my Favorite paint scheme's out there for a P-51 I have integrated the Quinta P-51 for Tamiya as best I can it looks okay no Tamyia for sure but it will do.The IP worked out great the rest......?I am not going to have the gun bays open(?) and the engine was crap it's already in the trash I am going for aesthetics overall.So far the fuselage fit together great w/o that engine now.;)

P-51 001.JPG

P-51 002.JPG

P-51 003.JPG

51cxBPCi0QL._AC_.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Kev

Absolutely agree going to be one Gorgeous Mustang in the paint scheme you are doing. I've been using a lot of the Quantas interiors and just love them and find by integrating them with the kit parts or other AM, the level of detail is amazing. With the fuselage glued up, the cockpit looks really good and quite busy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kev

Nice fix on the tailplanes. Just curious as to the million dollar Mustang question: wing rivets.  On the three Tamiya Mustangs, all had the rivets: I left them on two and removed them on the third one. Once they were all lined up in the display case, you couldn't tell. 

• Like 2

Well took it as far as I can go for today anything I felt gun related was Alclad AL101 so the doors,gunports and a panel for the chutes underneath very subtle.The flaps were all done in Dull AL. and the exhaust was MM Magnesium.I hope to get the spinner and front of the fuse tomorrow in Red.;)

P-51 003.JPG

P-51 004.JPG

P-51 005.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I have to give you credit, Kevin.  This kit has a love/hate relationship with me. I absolutely LOVE to hate it.  But you’re whipping it into shape with great results. 

Thks Ernie I binned this one myself for the engine didn't fit worth a hute  I said F the engine and the gun bays.:)

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Your Mustang looks absolutely gorgeous Kevin. I really like the shaded panels. Obviously the Trump P-51 can't be that bad, or at least, you mastered the kit perfectly.

Cheers Rob

Like Peter said in another thread sometimes interior BS you will never see is a waste I am getting there,going for aesthetics here.;)

• Like 2

The red has been applied and the last of the panels.I paid attention to the fillets for the wing/tail and hatches only with the SNJ.I use the Testors pin point brushes(rd fur ball) to apply the SNJ then buff with a regular q-tip and the last stage I use the Tamyia pointed q-tip to bring to a higher luster and touch the borders(paint in the lines) it is very subtle but I like the effect.The other thing if you do paint outside the lines a new point q-tip and wa-la it's gone.;)

P-51 001.JPG

P-51 002.JPG

P-51 003.JPG

P-51 004.JPG

• Like 5