LSM Modelling News 2023 merged Fran and Artful69’s threads

Fran

49 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

FB_IMG_1717245570993.jpg

FB_IMG_1717245576171.jpg

FB_IMG_1717245581181.jpg

gallery_6659a86806d1b-40010-blog.jpg

Messenger_creation_0034636f-dc9a-4800-ba16-12d97986303f.jpeg

Tempting!  The nose BB's are certainly a novel way of ensuring this is not a tail sitter...  I wonder how it stacks up to the old Eduard P-39/P-400 kits?

• Like 2

Andy has announced that the new Gecko Models Universal Carrier is coming soon. Looks Cool. And I will get one.

Anyway here's Andy's video. Also a "optional" engine kit for it. Should be 

included in my view, but........

• Like 6

8 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Andy has announced that the new Gecko Models Universal Carrier is coming soon. Looks Cool. And I will get one.

Indeed interesting and an ideal example for 1/16. I have the 1/35 Riich kit in my stash and will pass, but I guess the Riich kit is challenging with lots of tiny details and zillions of parts.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Fran unpinned and pinned this topic
On 6/9/2024 at 5:00 AM, DocRob said:

Indeed interesting and an ideal example for 1/16. I have the 1/35 Riich kit in my stash and will pass, but I guess the Riich kit is challenging with lots of tiny details and zillions of parts.

Cheers Rob

Riich sell the running gear and tracks as a separate upgrade kit for the Tamiya kit. I have it and it's definitely lots of small parts. In 1/16, it'll be closer to a typical 1/35 armour kit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Be really interested in a review of this, to my knowledge Kinetic never did a F14 so this may fit the void? Anyone had experiences of AMK?

AMK kits are generally very good, and this one is no exception. It is, however, not without some shape issues, and to be fair, would have been considered a new standard, had not the Tamiya kit been released at the same time. Like with the Zoukei-mura 1/32 Mustang, the Tamiya kit has completely eclipsed the competition.

The AMK MiG 31 is said to be the refernce for this airframe, in this scale.

Hubert

• Like 6

6 hours ago, HubertB said:

AMK kits are generally very good, and this one is no exception. It is, however, not without some shape issues, and to be fair, would have been considered a new standard, had not the Tamiya kit been released at the same time. Like with the Zoukei-mura 1/32 Mustang, the Tamiya kit has completely eclipsed the competition.

The AMK MiG 31 is said to be the refernce for this airframe, in this scale.

Hubert

Thanks Hubert, really want to stay in 48th for these hairdryers……

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Hubert, really want to stay in 48th for these hairdryers……

I'm moving that way myself. I still have a few more in 1/32 to get through but any new jets are 1/48. 

• Like 1

It really depends on the jets … I’d say early jets, up the late 60s, are still manageable in 1/32. After that, they become really hefty for most. This said, I still regret selling off my F-105 D to Fran, some days, and I’d jump on a 1/32 B-58 in a (split) heartbeat ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

On 7/20/2024 at 11:20 AM, HubertB said:

It really depends on the jets … I’d say early jets, up the late 60s, are still manageable in 1/32. After that, they become really hefty for most. This said, I still regret selling off my F-105 D to Fran, some days, and I’d jump on a 1/32 B-58 in a (split) heartbeat ;)

Hubert

I could go for a 1/32 B-58 as well. As long as it isn't as much as a used car anyways. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...