The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

LSM Modelling News 2023 merged Fran and Artful69’s threads

Fran

• Administrators

Well, 2022 is almost over and we already have news for 2023 releases...

So, what I saw in a couple days:

HK Models 1:32 A-20G

Revell 1:32 Meteor F.3

GWH 1:48 A-10 

Halberd 1:32 Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk 

1:32 Copper State Model Bristol Scout 

1:32 Vintage Series SR-71

1:32 Trumpeter F-35 

Kotare 1:32 Spitfire will only be available in Feb/March. 2023 (but, yes its a 2021 announcement) :D 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the Kotare Spitfire and I'm one of those that for whatever reason, can't preorder from their site.  I'll be watching and waiting.

Also, none of the US vendors seems to have the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire. Guess the US made the bottom of the distribution list.

• Like 1

Hi all ...

A couple of days ago I messaged @Clunkmeister about how successful the pinned thread on LSM modelling announcements for 2022 had been - and that maybe we should start a new pinned thread for 2023. Ern agreed that it was a good idea ... and so what I was to do for the next couple of days involved scrolling through the complete 2022 thread and listing all the current announcements for this first post. It seems @Fran and I think along the same lines - as he launched a thread less than 12 hours after my discussion with Ern!! ... These will be merged.

To simplify ... I have only included LSM announcements (1/35 and up) ... That is in no-way a definitive list parameter moving forward ... there were a few 1/48 announcements listed in the last thread (and smaller scales too) - and all of them were interesting! ... 

The list below will fall under several Titles ...

"LATE" announced as a 2022 release but delayed for some reason.

"ANNOUNCED" as a 2023 release, but not yet out for retail

"RELEASED" as in any previously announced (or "surprise MF!" kit) that has now hit the retail sector (in 2023)

"FUTURE" as a projected 2024 release.

As such, I will expect the edit this post throughout the year ahead, as more kits make it to retail ... but nothing will hit the last 2 categories until next year, obviously!

LATE ...

* Airfix - 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc

* Andy's Model Headquarters - 1/16 M4A3 'Easy' 8 Sherman 

* Beemax - 1/12 Lotus/Honda 99T

* Border Model - 1/35 B5N2 'Kate'

* Copper State Models - 1/32 Bristol Scout c

* Gallery Models, Heller, MonoChrome, Trumpeter (yes, all 4, same boxing!!) - 1/16 Pz.Kpfw III Ausf.J / L / M

* Gecko Model - 1/16 Pz.Kpfw II Ausf.F

* GWH - 1/32 P-40B 'Pearl Harbour'

* ICM - 1/35 CH-54 Tarhe

* ICM - 1/32 Yak-9T (kit not due in Australia until late January 2023 ... showing for retail in other locations?? - First I've heard!!)

* Infinity Model - 1/32 D3A1 'Val'

* Infinity Model - 1/32 B5N2 'Kate'

* Italeri - 1/32 Macchi C.202 Folgore

* Kotare - 1/32 Spitfire Mk.1a (Mid)

* Miniart - 1/35 Pz.Kpfw IV Ausf.H & Kfz.70 w/crew & Dio set

* Revell - 1/32 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIb

* Trumpeter - 1/32 TBD-1 Devastator (🙄 yeah, I know! - but it was announced at a model show so I HAVE to include it! ... at least its a little more than vapourware now)

ANNOUNCED ...

* Andy's Model Headquarters - 1/16 Pz.Kpfw Tiger.1 Ausf.E (Early) 3 in 1

* Border Model - 1/35 Fw.190 (details are still sketchy on variant ... some are saying F.6 while others say F.8)

* DBMK - 1/32 Hawker Sea Fury

* Halberd Models - 1/32 Curtis SC-1 Seahawk

* Hobby 2000 - 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf.110D (Dragon re-pop)

* Hobby 2000 - 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf.110E (Dragon re-pop)

* Hong Kong Model - 1/32 Douglas A-20G 'Havoc'

* Infinity Model - 1/32 Messerschmitt Me.410

* Infinity Model - 1/32 Z-37A Chelak

* Infinity Model - 1/32 Westland Wyvern

* Infinity Model - 1/32 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X

* Kotare - 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Va

* Meng Model - 1/35 AH-64D 'Apache'

* Plus Model - 1/35 M-16 Austro - Daimler 'C-Zug'

* Revell - 1/32 Gloster Meteor F.3

* Takom - 1/35 AH-64D 'Longbow'

* Takom - 1/35 AH-64E 'Guardian'

* Takom - 1/35 Mi-28N 'Night Hunter'

* VFS - 1/32 SR-71A 'Blackbird'

If anyone can find anything I've missed ... or to add ... or advise of change in status (ie - kit in stock - physically!! - at the local HS) just list them below and I'll update this reference as often as I can!

Cheers

Rog :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Did I miss something and am taking this too literally?

Kotare 1:32 Spitfire will only be available in Feb/March. 2023 (but, yes its a 2021 announcement)

I've tried numerous times to pre-order the Spitfire on Kotare's website (including yesterday) and my order will just not go through. I've contacted Kotare and they said there are certain address, that NZ postal doesn't recognize and that is the reason my order won't go through (I live on Long Island, New York) and I would need to wait for the kit to be released. Just not crazy about that, as I could miss out.

Any suggestions on US venders where I can pre-order the kit?

Much appreciated

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Did I miss something and am taking this too literally?

Kotare 1:32 Spitfire will only be available in Feb/March. 2023 (but, yes its a 2021 announcement)

I've tried numerous times to pre-order the Spitfire on Kotare's website (including yesterday) and my order will just not go through. I've contacted Kotare and they said there are certain address, that NZ postal doesn't recognize and that is the reason my order won't go through (I live on Long Island, New York) and I would need to wait for the kit to be released. Just not crazy about that, as I could miss out.

Any suggestions on US venders where I can pre-order the kit?

Much appreciated

The closest I could find is in Canada. Sunward Hobbies has it up for pre-order. 

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/kotare-supermarine-spitfire-mk-ia-mid-production-aircraft-32001/

Price wise, it's the same that I paid for mine from Kotare including the shipping from NZ to Canada. 

Hannants has it up as well with a 10% discount for pre-order. They're nice as you don't pay until it arrives. 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/K32001

Carl

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:48 AM, BradG said:

I really hope someone revisits a large scale Mk 22/24 Spitfire.

I think the Mk22/24 is the best looking Spitfire that ever came out and a new one hell without an engine but nice mouldings and pit would be on the list maybe 2/3 so many Nice schemes down to NMF.:hsmack:

The US, believe it or not, is one of the smallest model markets in the world. 

I can believe that Ernie it's got to move under it's own power RC in our market.We here in the US have seen our LHS go from models for 50/60% of the shop down to 25/30%.I went to one HS in Pensacola maybe 20+ years ago run by I think ex Navy guy it was a frigg'in warehouse I walked with some kits.I went back 5/7 years later closed their doors....... internet.We had a real Nice LHS his format changed with the advent of RC but kept a fun model section Joe passed Nancy tried to run it.The shop changed hands two more times I kept buying kits I did not need really to support...........;)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Exactly. I’ve preached that exact thing for years, till I’m blue in the face, and many think I’m crazy.

But if we think about it realistically: the US and Canada account for what?  400 million people?  Mexico possibly doubles that, but it’s still less than 1 billion in all of NA.   China alone is double that.  We are the richest Nation on Earth, with a ton of space, and kids are into Video Games, R/C cars and planes/drones, cars, and a bunch of other stuff that we can do here because we’re Blessed with wide open spaces and huge houses, comparatively speaking, which allows all kinds of alternate hobby choices. Model Building is huge now in Europe and growing crazily in Eastern Europe, where, I believe, the world’s foremost builders (and Companies) reside.  Japanese people can’t do a lot what we do due to a lack of space, so they build. Same in Chinese cities.  It’s growing over there, but fading here.  Such is life.

But, along with model building, other traditional sports and hobbies are fading as well.  Look at traditional shooting sports.  Find me a dozen serious skeet or trap shooters, or competition long distance precision rifle or pistol competitors under the age of 45 in one town.  Pretty much impossible these days. Sad.  Czech and Slovak citizens not only build, but they are fanatical competition shooters.  I know. They’ve kicked my ass everytime I think I can take them in a pistol competition. And I even took to using Czech equipment. (No luck) 🤣

• Like 3

• Administrators

For me, two of the most important LSMs of all time will be released in 2023:  the Val and Kate both being released by Infinity. 
Personally, I’ve been waiting decades, and I know many others have as well.

I’m thoroughly enjoying my Helldiver experience, and I look forward to diving into both of these kits as well.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

For me, two of the most important LSMs of all time will be released in 2023:  the Val and Kate both being released by Infinity. 
Personally, I’ve been waiting decades, and I know many others have as well.

I’m thoroughly enjoying my Helldiver experience, and I look forward to diving into both of these kits as well.

Along with my Tamiya Zero ... and a certain Trumpeter kit (I won't mention lest I scare it off!!) ... I'll be be about ready for Midway :)

... If I can get those Thatch decals for the Wildcat 🙄

Rog :)

• Like 3

As mentioned elsewhere in another thread by Scott, Tigger Models is releasing a brand new vac-form 1/32 F-111, and Reskit have announced a complete escape module for the F-111 in the same scale, whilst another guy is preparing some LG bays for it. Then we just need TF-30 exhausts, and the main issues are covered ;)

Hubert

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Found this over at Britmodeller:  1/32- Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird by Vintage Fighter Series - test model - release mid 2023 - The Rumourmonger - Britmodeller.com.  This will be one seriously large (and I bet, mega expensive) model!

image.thumb.jpeg.e6f29ed6d33e98ee367a4216ab17e2c0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.01fc0f5578fb82abc022f403b389f35d.jpeg

This one I cannot resist …

And now, someone for a B-58 ? Pretty please … I have been a good boy :)

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HubertB said:

This one I cannot resist …

And now, someone for a B-58 ? Pretty please … I have been a good boy :)

Hubert

The B-58 has to be one of the most brutally beautiful aircraft ever built, anywhere in the world.  Everything about it is swoops and curves, and “in your face” space age amazing. 

• Like 3

Did someone say "Hustler"?

image.thumb.jpeg.8a8fda993bc6955b1c1c96a604b2d828.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.75476b9eae3bf1e935b7405321acdc65.jpeg

And, yes, I have the B-29 as well...  And no place to put them once built.  The instruction sheet for the Hustler has turned yellow.  The decals are actually seemingly in pretty good shape.  Anyone know who has decals for a 1/48 B-58 Hustler??  I'm seriously thinking of painting this in SEA Camo...  Really.. IF I get around to build it that is.  Thoughts?

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I would get a B-58 in 1/32. That would probably push Sue over the edge though if I built it. Maybe by then the boys will have moved out and I could use one of their rooms as a display case. :lol:

With its shape, a B-58 is taking less shelf acreage than a 4-engined heavy of WWII, just like the SR-71 …

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1