Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

39” 1/128 Seaview and Flying Sub

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Scott,

Would it be a bit easier if the base was on a swiveling stool? Still, pretty ingenious and wow, the Seaview sure is big. Thats for the heads up to buy Tamiya stock - just might be the investment to make.

Great minds think alike! image.thumb.jpg.5264676a8227f4d019c7b18f348344a3.jpg

it’s on a furniture dolly!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Scott are toy going resin?That's alot of resin.;)

Oh you can sure see game on to get a kit out of our boy  Ernie,Too be honest that ZM kit was/is one of the Nicest in the stash but it did make me buy the Nick and now two Tamy Spits.;)

• Haha 3

Yea, I thought about the underwater resin tank thing.  Problem is, I don’t own a forklift to move it. 
just going to build up an ocean floor scene with some rocks scattered about and I’m using air dry clay to form the shape. 

• Like 6

Nice progress with the super smooth sub, Scott. I think it's a good idea to display it only with an ocean floor scenery. If you would use clear resin, it wouldn't be ready through the GB's deadline, as you only be able to cast it in 1 cm layers, to prevent bubbles and heat build up.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Scott

Awesome progress and looking so good. My vote (if it means anything or even if we're voting) would be just for an ocean floor dio base. I can't imagine the size and weight if you did a diorama of the Seaview encased in acrylic. And time - incalculable. 

• Like 2