Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

ProModeler 1/48 PBY-5A Catalina + Goodies, RFI

Chris

Most important is your health and of course, it comes first. If the Big Cat is taking its toll, just put her aside until the juices start to flow again. Time for a kit that isn't going to fight you and make a battle out of the build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was a terrific and very interesting group build with so many different builds going on.  The Catalina was a challenging build, using the Belcher Bits resin tail to correct the shape of the tail and rudder.  For an old kit, the detail is really impressive, and the fit pretty good as well.  The inclusion of figures helps with the interest, and the modification of some spares-kit figures to replace the waist figure I hope adds to the interest.  Looking for downed crewmen was an important task for the Cats.

Thanks everyone for the support and comments!

image.thumb.jpeg.6a8b0b40ecdfd2f4ba445c19024bd325.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.637e4723f7839b2f117314c25e6a2cd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d429e894977289c35eb052448f32acd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.721d95295c50e9aabc0b0e8670ac75fd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c22c4854172e1ca33ec9f1f6ee6f557.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7c1c48b0f80180db7c465d1cd4440220.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f24e51587f46dcd541350b6bce529179.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.442cd17ad6311381f54504661c9b64f5.jpeg

Homage to the Hells Angels of the Flying Tigers.  :unworthy:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Chris

Most important is your health and of course, it comes first. If the Big Cat is taking its toll, just put her aside until the juices start to flow again. Time for a kit that isn't going to fight you and make a battle out of the build. 

Now to go find that kit!  Thanks Peter!

• Like 2

Chris

WOW the Big Cat looks fantastic ... and here I thought you were taking a break. Absolutely awesome work on an Oldie but Goldie, that you brought out the best - so glad you kept at it and tackled all those obstacles along the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Chris

WOW the Big Cat looks fantastic ... and here I thought you were taking a break. Absolutely awesome work on an Oldie but Goldie, that you brought out the best - so glad you kept at it and tackled all those obstacles along the way.

Thank you Peter!  Now I just have to figure out how to fit it into the display case.  🙂

• Like 2

What a fantastic result with the big Cat, there are so many areas attracting the eye, it's a pure pleasure to look at. The figures tell a story and that's always a good thing. Personally, I would have liked the Cat a bit more weathered though.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3