Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya USA 1/32 Spits @ $99.00

JohnB

Best price I can find in Canada is $149 CAD which is about $110 USD with free shipping. 

When I bought most of mine, they were around $80-90 CAD with some even cheaper than that. Probably why I've bought in total 13 of them with  4 left in the stash. 

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

John,

Where are you finding the Spits for $99?  I'm on TamiyaUSA and SB sites, the IXc is $155.  Did I miss a quick sale?  I see it on Ebay for about $99 total.

Chris

Chris,

Here's the VIII

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/132-aircraft/supermarine-spitfire-mkviii/

And this is for the XVI

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/132-aircraft/supermarine-spitfire-mkxvie/ 

Looks like the IX isn't part of the sale. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Best price I found from my normal online vendors: $136, plus tax plus shipping. Tamiya sales are always a good deal.

They certainly are good. I picked up a couple RC truggies a few years ago for $99 each. The regular price was $799 each. That was an awesome deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John

I'm also now a $107 poorer (have to pay tax). Just bought the MKVIII. I still have a MkXVI in the stash.

Best price I found from my normal online vendors: $136, plus tax plus shipping. Tamiya sales are always a good deal.

I check their site every so often just in case they have something I want on sale. Pays off for sure!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Dang it! Just got me too.  Don’t have a spit in the stash and at this price I’d be a damned fool not to order one. 
Mk.VIII on the way. 

The Mk VIII I ordered arrived yesterday. At $99 and free shipping it's a opportunity not to miss. :)

• Like 3

Yea, I’ve been watching these deal for a couple of days and last night finally told myself I was a big moron if I didn’t do it.  Thinking back, I might have an old Revell kit in the stash.  Might be a good learning kit for my grandson one day. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I bet this is why Tamiya is liquidating.  I forgot about the Kotare on the way. 

Tamiya USA puts a couple of 1/32 kits on sale like this from time to time. I picked up a couple of Mustangs a couple of years ago so I would doubt they are liquidating as opposed to selling off some of the slow movers. I guess you could call that a form of liquidating.

• Like 1