The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/35 Border Kate

So far I am very impressed with the kit fantastic detail, Getting the cockpit built detail is on par with Kotare, Instructions however need lots of help. Very vague with no color call out for anything no instructions for the instrument panel decals etc. Kit has 2 sets of decals for the instrument panel first is a whole sheet to be put in the dials the second is individual dials for each instrument.  This is a fun kit so far looking forward to getting the fuselage buttoned up 

• Like 7

Very much appreciated the detailed photographs and comments. Unfortunately, while Borders kits are excellent, their instructions are really poor and none that I've seen have any color callouts at all. I have their Lancaster BI/III and have been tinkering with just the first two engines and the instructions are  very poorly done.

Looking forward to following your progress. :construction:

• Like 2

nice build and the kit looks great. Just seen the price of the resin/plastic Infinity 1/32 Kate on hannants - way too much money for me so I think this will be my first 1/35 aircraft. I wonder how much the size difference will be noticeable alongside my 1/32 aircraft. I can't see a scale different with my 1/35 helicopters mixed with 1/32 aircraft. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, npb748r said:

nice build and the kit looks great. Just seen the price of the resin/plastic Infinity 1/32 Kate on hannants - way too much money for me so I think this will be my first 1/35 aircraft. I wonder how much the size difference will be noticeable alongside my 1/32 aircraft. I can't see a scale different with my 1/35 helicopters mixed with 1/32 aircraft. 

Because you have no direct visual comparison or clue.

As I have said many times, a 1/35 kit is roughly 9% smaller in any dimension than the same in 1/32. That means 84 % of the shelf area, and 76 % of the volume. As I usually, like anyone else, perceive the world in 3D, that is a big difference, for me at least… ( but then it may be one of those macho things about « size matters » 😉)

Hubert

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, npb748r said:

Just did the same and the HPH price was way over my limit so ordered (back order) the Border kit instead, it will be a shot in the dark for me.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Just did the same and the HPH price was way over my limit so ordered (back order) the Border kit instead, it will be a shot in the dark for me.

Cheers

Dennis

Looking over the sprues here and the Border sprues for Fw190 I am really impressed. Also just for the Fw 190, going to Border instead of ZM saved £30 odd………as for scale IMHO not a problem ………

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...