The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell He 111 P - FINISHED!!

Scot

Good call on the primer with so much real estate to cover. Might also be something to consider when applying both the clear gloss and clear flat finishes as well. 

Looking mighty good :construction:

• Like 2

Hey Peter,  My “big gun” airbrush is the Grex Tritium with the fan nozzle.  It can blast some paint for an airbrush!  I should be good to go.  I opted out for the spray can of primer because I’ve had it on hand a few years and didn’t feel like swapping over airbrush’s yet.  My regular work airbrush is the Iwata HP-CS.  
And still trying to figure out how to make the model fit in the paint booth! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I feel your pain! The Viggen is just too damn big to fit other than one wing at a time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Hey Peter,  My “big gun” airbrush is the Grex Tritium with the fan nozzle.  It can blast some paint for an airbrush!  I should be good to go.  I opted out for the spray can of primer because I’ve had it on hand a few years and didn’t feel like swapping over airbrush’s yet.  My regular work airbrush is the Iwata HP-CS.  

Lucky guy, Scott, where I live, it´s impossible to get Tamiya´s rattle cans sent to. Actually, even Tamiya extra thin is a problem, but my wife will bring me some from her Berlin trip.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

Looks to be coming along very well Scott. :)

Thanks John.  Things are pacing slowly due to the wife’s health issues right now. I’m her chauffeur, chef, gofer, laundry maid and entertainment.  Thankfully we have a lady coming in to do the cleaning today.  
I thought I’d have time to start masking out and painting a few of the dark splinter areas today, but the surgeon just ordered an MRI of a cyst they discovered on one of her lungs.  So off to the imaging center at lunch time today.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well, I guess the wings turned out OK.  After this drys I’ll tape up the fuselage and shoot it.  Decided to do this in two parts due to the sheer size. 

IMG_1650.thumb.jpeg.710dd28dfcfc9b59fae9e9619a8b741b.jpeg

• Like 9

After trying to decipher these damned Revell 3 views, I’m now drinking.  Well, that and trying to find my lawn edger blades I saw in my garage a couple of weeks back. They were right there.  I told myself don’t touch them because I need to change the blade. Nope.  Gone. I’m pissed.  Screw it. Just ordered more off Amazon. 
But back to the 3 views.  Top view shows both nacelles obviously the RLM 70.  Side view shows one RLM 71.  Impossible.  
Fuselage, same stupid mistakes. Patterns from above have no damned way to match side views. None. Just no way.  
It would take a year just to rewrite the instructions for this kit if they were to bring it out again. 

• Haha 3

IMG_1652.thumb.jpeg.c3c6b88081eb12449ab389e9748a61c1.jpeg

IMG_1651.thumb.jpeg.1e0f0498c1982b682f0a48e123980b04.jpeg

Just look at the starboard engine. Top then side. What kind of wizardry are they using here?  
Panel lines on drawing?  Nothing like the engraving on the model.  

ugh…off for another beer. 

• Like 4

Scott

Just amazing how bad instructions and painting guides can be. I've suffered through more then I care to remember and more often, just search online until I find what I need (what a waste of time). Another real killer are both kit and AM decals instructions where you only get one side view, top and bottom views and especially if there is a cammo pattern, you're left high and dry with the missing side view. Happens way to often and I now try to avoid AM decals that do this - what a pain and completely agree - what were they thinking. It's obvious the manufactures and AM decal companies that do this, never used their instructions. :nuke:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1