Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Upcoming Group Build Poll

Next Group Build  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What GB would you like?

• Sandbox ( Anything related to tropical conditions, sand, etc. )
    • Tallies ( self-explanatory )
    • Winning ! ( any Racing subject )
    • Peace on Earth ( Non Military Subject )
    • Relics ( anything manufactured before 1975 )

Could also be missions completed. 

As for kill markings, one of my favourite is this one:

IMG_20160806_105900-L.jpg

It's on a Harvard at Vintage Wings of Canada. Story goes someone was flying an RC CF-105 that ended up crashing into the Harvard. The Harvard came out on top, so it got the "kill".

There a Victor (I think) at the RAF museum with a shed  kill marking on it. The wingtip apparently smacked into a shed, completely wrecking it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, KevinM said:

OH!....Hubert I don't know if I can build that many in a year:hsmack:

boneyard.jpeg

Easy-peasy : no cockpit detailing, no markings, tape on the joints … and I was about to write no weathering, but then I saw the second one from the bottom right corner 🙄 and then the seventh one in the same row ... Damn ! Another good idea bites the dust sand !

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

Easy-peasy : no cockpit detailing, no markings, tape on the joints … and I was about to write no weathering, but then I saw the second one from the bottom right corner 🙄 and then the seventh one in the same row ... Damn ! Another good idea bites the dust sand !

Hubert

Field of 'Tooms ....if you build it ........they will come ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, a few days before the GB starts.
I received mast week the kit ( resin, of course - what else could you expect from me ;) ? -) I want to build for this GB, and I took a head start by starting designing in 3D some of the parts I will need to convert the kit to the required version.  
After a fairly long hiatus with 3D-designing, and a change of software - from Solidworks to Alibre Design - in the meantime, which, although having the same « feel » as Solidworks, has some different features, I am happy that the proficiency is coming back :) .

This is not quite like bicycle, but finally, once you have learned the 3D-design trade, you never really forget it …

Oh, and the Cutlass is still under way. It also got the 3D-design treatment as, between filling and sanding sessions, I designed some accessories for the display, namely a tow-bar, wheel-chocks and a boarding ladder …

Hubert

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Well, a few days before the GB starts.
I received mast week the kit ( resin, of course - what else could you expect from me ;) ? -) I want to build for this GB, and I took a head start by starting designing in 3D some of the parts I will need to convert the kit to the required version.  
After a fairly long hiatus with 3D-designing, and a change of software - from Solidworks to Alibre Design - in the meantime, which, although having the same « feel » as Solidworks, has some different features, I am happy that the proficiency is coming back :) .

This is not quite like bicycle, but finally, once you have learned the 3D-design trade, you never really forget it …

Oh, and the Cutlass is still under way. It also got the 3D-design treatment as, between filling and sanding sessions, I designed some accessories for the display, namely a tow-bar, wheel-chocks and a boarding ladder …

Hubert

Thats somghing i whant to learn

Design my wn parts in 3d.

I have tryd fusion 360 but gave up.

I heard good things about blender so maybe i wil give that a go.

Mark

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mark31 said:

Thats somghing i whant to learn

Design my wn parts in 3d.

I have tryd fusion 360 but gave up.

I heard good things about blender so maybe i wil give that a go.

Mark

With my « training » in technical drawing, I design parts from a 2D technical drawing mindset. Hence my appreciation of Solidworks, and now Alibre. 
I found difficult to get used to the interface of Fusion 360, but then maybe it’s just me. Fusion 360 has a free licence for hobbyists, and modellers produce great designs with Fusion 360 - see what Peter / Airscale is doing, or JayW now on LSP, with  his 1/18 P-51 B.

As for Blender, this is completely alien to my mindset. It’s very good for CGI, I understand, and creating organic shapes. But I could never understand how to create even a simple part. Not good at all for modelling, IMHO, but if you want to give a try, go for it, and tell us about your experience.

Hubert

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To be honest guys I have kits like most ya'll for each nation Hase=Bf-109X2, Tamy =Spit MkVII, PCM = 202/205 and I am pretty sure I have a P-40 just what scale?Then you got those tracky things I have built enough ETO over my life have mention several times this board the MTO and PTO have garnered my interest the last few years hence my IJN builds.This cats ready for LFG.....:popcorn:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

Pretty cool for sure

Yes indeed but not al sets are out yet.

Im waiting for reskit to release the engines.

Already orderd the cockpit 3d decals and folded rotor.

Mark

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mark31 said:

Yes indeed but not al sets are out yet.

Im waiting for reskit to release the engines.

Already orderd the cockpit 3d decals and folded rotor.

Mark

Someone (Reskit ?) has released a fully detailed cockpit set for this one … Worth a search.

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

Someone (Reskit ?) has released a fully detailed cockpit set for this one … Worth a search.

Hubert

Found it thanks for the tip i have send him a message so now whe wait.

Mark

• Like 4

I'm itching to get started, too!  Now I have five kits to choose: 2 old Monogram 1/48 P-39's, the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire, Italeri 1/72 Tornado and an 1/48 Eduard Bf 109 F-4. Tempted to get a modern P-39....  Any suggestions?  I like the Eduard P-39/P-400 kits, but don't know much about Arma.  The reviews are excellent on the Arma kits.