Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

A few things inbound at present ...

Those that have arrived include:

An AIMS G-6 conversion for a Revell Ju.88 ... not sure which kit I'll have to use at present ... but this is one of the original releases with quite a few marking/decal options ... so I can get another from John at some point:

IMG_0839_zpsjgdp3xpw.jpg

Next ... the HK Mosquito ...

IMG_0840_zpsfhg6pkep.jpg

... And the Tamiya effort ...

IMG_0842_zpsito9ed1q.jpg

More in a couple of weeks

Rog smile.png

• Like 2

Nice haul there!

I had the AIMS G-6 conversion, it's a wonderful piece of kit (or should that be a wonderful kit of pieces?), but unfortunately had to sell it as it was composed of too much resin at a time when my Doctor was telling me not to have any contact with the stuff.

Maybe one day in the future...

S

• Like 2

Nice haul there!

I had the AIMS G-6 conversion, it's a wonderful piece of kit (or should that be a wonderful kit of pieces?), but unfortunately had to sell it as it was composed of too much resin at a time when my Doctor was telling me not to have any contact with the stuff.

Maybe one day in the future...

S

Thanks Steve

I'm very impressed with Johns detail ... Although, looking through the box, I'm going to have to email him a bunch of questions and for some directions as my skill set leaves me unsure on how to proceed with a lot of it.

Rog :)

Rog,

Just being curious but what are your plans with all those kits? You cannot build them all in your lifetime and the next.

Cees

I really don't know how to answer that question, Cees ... since you already seem to have a set of assumptions in place ...

I guess I could type out a whole list of plans here ... yet this isn't really the thread for it.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve

Although, looking through the box, I'm going to have to email him a bunch of questions and for some directions as my skill set leaves me unsure on how to proceed with a lot of it.

It goes without saying,

Happy to help with advice should you need it with the G-6 kit.

S

It goes without saying,

Happy to help with advice should you need it with the G-6 kit.

S

I may actually take you up on that at some point ... I have a couple of questions I'll need to ask John first - mainly about his kit bits ... it appears (according to instructions) that I'm going to have to scratch a couple items for the conversion ...

• 2 weeks later...

Okies ...

Time for another post smile.png

First up ... something I've been chasing for quite some time ... not LSPs ... but my favourite Sensha-Do team from Oorai - Team Anglerfish!!

Max Factory posable figurines ... about 1/12 scale ... I've got their 1/12 Panzer IV.D on backorder as well - due end of October!

Miho Nishizumi (Commander and school captain), Yukari Akiyama (Loader) , Saori Takabe (Radio Operator), Hana Isuzu (Gunner) and Mako Reizei (Driver)

IMG_0959_zpslwfkqcwy.jpg

IMG_0960_zpshvqkgx9w.jpg

Next is the new Zoukei-Mura SWS Ta.152H-0 ...

IMG_0961_zpsohg8akfs.jpg

Been looking for another 1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane for a while (I have the Mk.I) ... but only for a decent price! ... and thanks to a fellow LSP'er ...

IMG_0963_zpsscceitob.jpg

... and because it came in a package deal ... and you can never have enough Spitfires, 109's or 190's on the shelf ...

IMG_0962_zpsxr4o7iwf.jpg

I already have one of these ... but because it was the same price as the package deal and a fellow LSP'er is going to need one for a Bf.110G-4 conversion due out in the not too distant future ... I thought it would make a nice gift!!

IMG_0964_zpskbjrfxai.jpg

*** EDIT *** ... I didn't include this at the time because ... 1) I didn't order it - I thought it was a mistaken inclusion and 2) I thought I'd have to return it ... after all, modern jets just aren't my subject!

IMG_0965_zpsniaydnxm.jpg

BUT ... after a PM exchanged with the original owner ... it turns out that the box was just protection (and camouflage!!) for this!!

IMG_0966_zps2yqtakqw.jpg

More later ...

Rog smile.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Raffle Prize at the Hobby Expo!

20150827_100637_resized_zpsyl0o0yt8.jpg

It's new, it's Tamiya, it was free!- can't go wrong with that.

The new Panther D looks like a top kit too. After perusing one in the flesh I'll have to give in before long.....Only thing that's still being questioned at the moment are the odd rear engine deck cooling grills....One spiral, one straight? weird. The big "T'" must have got information from somewhere....

But, it's Tamiya. Would buy one in a blink.

Regards,

Dan M