The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 Mosquito bomber coming soon!

James H

• Administrators

Tally Ho!

Despite the 1:32 Do 335B-2 being released soon, and the Do 335A-0 following in the not too distant future (already here with us at LSM!), HK Models has now painted in its plans for the release of the Mosquito (bomber version). There will actually be a few versions of this, and I can't confirm if several versions will be in the same box, but we thought you might like to see some renders of this great looking machine.

For all you impatient types, pre-orders will be taken for this at Telford in November, and release looks to be happening in the first half of January 2015! I bet that took you by surprise!

Any questions, ask away and I'll get you some answers.

Enjoy!

6.jpg

6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

7.jpg

7-1.jpg

8.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators

Ok, I believe that HK will supply parts for ALL these versions in the same box. That isn't guaranteed yet. It depends on logistics, but I chatted with Neil tonight, and this is the current intention.

YES....First half of January. Things are subject to change, but for the moment, there is no reason to think it might be later, all going to plan. Tooling is pretty much done, pending small revisions which can take only a few days from CAD to tool. I envisage us having some sprues before the end of the year...

• Like 2

These guys really aren't mucking around ... and more power to 'em!!

There are always differences between CAD and plastic ... but from past experience, in HK's case, those differences turn out to be - really not much at all.

Roll on the Mossie, roll on the Do-335A-0, Roll on the Lanc ... and a B-17F ... crikey, they're making up for lost time! ...

What's next?

Rog :)

• Administrators

With their focus on twins they really need to give the world a cracking good P-38.

Awesome to hear about the likelihood of January (and all the versions in one box - interesting but not unwelcome marketing decision). 

I hope someone at HGW is paying attention. Belts and a set of wet transfers will be great to have with this.

I do believe you will see more twins, but those will be revealed in due course.

HK's schedule is pretty exciting, and certainly ambitious. For me, they are probably my favourite non-WW1 injection moulding company!

• Like 2

• Administrators

All very nice and good to see, but where is my Lancaster?

Hi Terry,

The Lanc is on course for release in perhaps January next year. LSM have been working on HK Models on this release, and some very substantial reworking of the CAD needed to be done. The result should be very pleasing to Lanc fans. Delays had been caused by that rework, but as you know, this really did need to be correct. More news when we have it.

• Like 2

This is so cool. Way too many stunning kits to build now.

HK seem to be well on top of things at the moment. Do we know when the Do 335B-2 is being released? One on the wanted list along with ZM Uhu (hoping to pick one up at Telford) and their new Horten which is a stunning kit to build ;)

- Does anybody actually buy the notion that it will be out by January? I tend to take whatever the manufacturer says and add ten months...

As I recall, this was announced to be release 'last' January.

So it's actually late by your math Doogs.  ;)

Doing a combo kit (like the old Monogram) is a nice idea,

just hope it doesn't jack the price tag up too much :o

• Administrators

You could have had it last January, but then folks would have pissed and moaned about it. The design has been totally reworked.

Better to release a kit which is correct, than to face the consequences.

• Like 5

Hi Terry,

The Lanc is on course for release in perhaps January next year. LSM have been working on HK Models on this release, and some very substantial reworking of the CAD needed to be done. The result should be very pleasing to Lanc fans. Delays had been caused by that rework, but as you know, this really did need to be correct. More news when we have it.

Thanks James. excellent news as is the Mozzie. Never have enough Merlins :D

... With their focus on twins they really need to give the world a cracking good P-38 ...

I have a Trumpeter one in the stash ... I'd been told hat it was one of their better pops - so I'm expecting it to be decent ... did I miss something??

If it is ... why would we need another (** insert standard moan about too many 109's etc here**) ...

I do believe you will see more twins, but those will be revealed in due course.

HK's schedule is pretty exciting, and certainly ambitious. For me, they are probably my favourite non-WW1 injection moulding company!

God I hope there's a early war British bomber in there somewhere ... Beginning in 'W' and ending in 'N' ...

Do17z ... Beaufighter ... Ta154 ... Ju52 (ok it's 3, not 2 - but who's REALLY counting!!) ... 

Hi Terry,

James ...

This, I'm finding, is one VERY pleasing trait about this company ... They are salt of the earth - they listen to those who are accepted by the modelling community as knowledgable on particular topics ... and they are not afraid to admit error - are prepared to re-work their designs under guidance ... This is a sign of TRUE humility and passion for making sure a product is the best that it can be ... 

Give them a few years and we could very well see Tamiya / Zoukei-Mura type - "All-in-one" kits coming from them! ...

I ... and, I believe, the great majority of others ... have no issue in waiting for a product while it's being refined/re-worked for this sort of reasoning ...

Roll on 617 variants!! :D

• Like 1