The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1:32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX

This is my Tamiya 1:32 Spitty Mk IX, build about a year and a half ago. I was mightily impressed with all the detail but I wanted to add a bit extra, so I devoted quite some time to wiring up the engine. She is painted entirely with Xtracolor paints, and the codes and other insigna's have been done with Mal Mayfields Miracle Masks. Smaller stenciling was done with the kit decals. Wshes were donde with Promodeller Sludge, which was a first for me … but which I liked very much. The red centre dot is almost orange in the pics, which is caused by my clumsiness with the camera… it is red :-). This is how she turned out…. hope you enjoy the pics, all comments welcome as usual. Happy modeling, Jeroen

a.jpg

b-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

• Like 9

• Administrators

Another fine fine build. Very subtle. Love it.

Still in the middle of this kit myself, but put aside for some nice WnW distraction.

Just recieved the Sopwith Snipe (thank you you know who!). So I don't think my spit will progress any time soon.

Thnx for the pics!

• Administrators

I adore that camo. You did a far more natural edging to it than I did on mine. Mine looks crap in comparison:

DSC03295.jpg

Agreed that it's a corker of a kit. Now.....where's that Corsair?  :rolleyes:

Thanks gentlemen, for all the kind words. Yes, the red bar is incorrect and although I intended to change it, now really is the moment to do so. The result has more to do with the excellent plastic Tamiya provides than with my modeling skills, but I'm happy with the way she came out. Thanks again for all your kind and motivating remarks!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...