The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

An internal/external of an Avro Lancaster bomber

HaraldJoergens

There are only three Lancasters in the world that are not stationary in a museum:
The BBMF Mk.III PA474, the Canadian Mk.X FM213, and NX611 "Just Jane" - the one below.

This virtual tour has been created for the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre in East Kirkby. There are three panoramas from the outside, eight of the inside, from the bomb aimer to the rear gunner, and a high resolution panorama of the Memorial Chapel.

Almost all details are labelled, many explained, just move the mouse cursor over an item of interest.

Click here open the panorama, and switch to full screen mode! Internet Explorer is not recommended here, all other browsers work well.
lancaster-nx611-just-jane-virtual-tour-s

If you are interested in future aircraft panoramas, please sign up to my mailing list!

A bit more about the panorama can be found here.

Next to come are a Tiger Moth. If you can think of an aircraft that could benefit from such work, please let me know!

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
8 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Guys, I was browsing through old walk around sand found this gem.

Wow and wow, if Harald is still around you are a gentleman.

scroll to the top, photo sphere of Just Jane, bring on the Lanc.....

NO KIDDING, this is awesome, and the "Explored" series of cd's are really good as well, I have the Halifax, Mosquito and Spitfire ones......

http://www.flyingzonedirect.com

They are worth it in my mind....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Just to add to the list of future flyable Lancs, FM104, which was the subject of my conversion build a year or two ago is in the middle of a full restoration and return to flight status.  

FM104 is being restored to it's final 1964 scheme, and hopefully within several years, we will see a spiffy White and Silver Lanc 10MR grace the skies again. 

She spent way too many years stuck on a post, so this is very good news indeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...