Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeroenPeters

Profimodeller Fi103 V1

62 posts in this topic

Cut the first resin!

The v1 will be modelled with the wings off (surprise!!) and loaded on the transportation schlepper.

BE388CB9-CB23-4F4C-BB3B-5E55327013A4_zps

15E0B9A9-E544-42B0-9AE2-5BC9E55AA39B_zps

I will build the anhänger. Bottom version below:

V1_18_zpsj7lcjlnn.jpg

rkranias likes this

20 hours ago, GusMac said:

Hi Jeroen, do the birds in your part of Amsterdam walk everywhere, or does your 'thing' for detatched wings not extend to them? :D

Hehe... don't you know... In Amsterdam we don't need wings to get high.

I've searched the internet and can't seem to find anyone who ever built this kit. Getting the fuse to mate and fit properly is a bit of a challenge but I managed to roll it into a nice cigar. Mr. Surfacer is curing now, so tomorrow I'll do some sanding and show the result.

GusMac, crazypoet and Wingco57 like this

Good point! Still remember trying to explain to my kids what we were smelling when we went passed the coffee shop just down from the apartment we rented on the Herengracht a few years ago. Went by train to the beach at Scheveningen one day as well and got back late, it was fun trying to explain why so many people had the same red curtains and light bulbs as well! :icon_eek:

JeroenPeters likes this

20 hours ago, GusMac said:

Good point! Still remember trying to explain to my kids what we were smelling when we went passed the coffee shop just down from the apartment we rented on the Herengracht a few years ago. Went by train to the beach at Scheveningen one day as well and got back late, it was fun trying to explain why so many people had the same red curtains and light bulbs as well! :icon_eek:

That sure sounds like your typical dutch day! :)

Still trying the whip the resin into shape. Some panel lines were lost in the process, but I'll restore them and check my reference for extra lines and rivets.

047F4BB6-839A-4861-8C88-48531BAC4E0E_zps

Pardelhas, rkranias, GusMac and 1 other like this

Nice, didn't know they used covers like that for transport. Looks like you used an old lipgloss or similar?

7 hours ago, GusMac said:

Nice, didn't know they used covers like that for transport. Looks like you used an old lipgloss or similar?

Here you see some examples of transport buckets on the Reichenberg version. Albeit a bit more conical. 

The transport bucket is included in the kit and made of Photo etch.

Schermafbeelding%202017-04-10%20om%2008.

Schermafbeelding%202017-04-10%20om%2008.

GusMac and rkranias like this

In this photo you see a built version of this kit. One of the few I've found. Some parts in this kit I can't seem to find in my references. For instance: This hatch. 

I think I'll leave it off. A small thing missing is the pitot tube that should protrude from the forward attachment of the engine to the fuselage. But that's easy to scratch.

V1C_zpsnlbxwtnu.jpg

Here's a profile of the top with no hatch to be seen. I've also checked walkarounds.

Another thing I can't seem to find in reference pics is the metal band halfway down the engine. You can just make it out in the pic above. Going to leave that off as well I think.

v1A_zpsmeoxyqwx.jpg

rkranias likes this

56 minutes ago, James H said:

That ridge is off centre?

Yes it is. That is one feature I know 100% certain.

The reason is that the exact center line carries a few ports (like the fuel filler cap) and the lifting lugs.

The strip isn't a reinforcement strip, but carries power cables along the outside. 

(I guess they thought it risky to expose the fuel to them...)

Wingco57 likes this

3DD8C9F0-9A29-4633-873B-BFF2507BA939_zps

I have decided to finally crawl out of my cave and make some proper build shots to work them into an article for a magazine.

Along with entering competitions, that is something I rarely do.

I the meantime I've added the engine bearer and drilled a hole through and through the bearer and fuselage. I've inserted a copper rod that will also enter the bottom of the engine.

And of course this model will be adorned with a small piece of the real thing.

I believe Cees found it in his shoe :)

It's a part of the mesh that dispersed the fuel into the engine:

A70B53C4-77FE-4D93-A84E-C98B42C12F67_zps

Here you go:

V1B_zpsmpntsxnt.jpg

rkranias and crazypoet like this