The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Roden L-19 Bird Dog

Cockpit and Fus. riveting done...added some head phones,compass on the dash,fire extinguisher, tucked in a map. Going to install the wing today.  Painted the gloss trainer yellow on Fus... did this now because if you've ever tried to shoot gloss yellow over Alclad you know why.

DSCF8964.JPG

DSCF8968.JPG

DSCF8967.JPG

DSCF8973.JPG

• Like 5

This will be a stunner, like all the rest, some of which I have had the pleasure of seeing at a local hobby store in Penticton................. don't let William fool any of you guys, he is a MASTER at this craft..... his builds are absolutely stunning..... Some of these pics, take me back to the early '70's when I went for a flip with John Laing, here in Nelson in a CF L19, he was a Hell of a pilot, and ended up flying fire bombers for a living..... he was good... I remember that flight like it was yesterday, thanks for the memories boys...

• Like 3

Jeff is extremely nice person and the money you owe him are payable to account that will be PM'd to you shortly LOL :)

William, I know that you like yellow, but this is extreme , there is no chance in 41,5 years that I would be able to achieve such a smooth yellow finish. Fantastic!

• Like 3

Aw shucks you guys................................... :wub:  In all seriousness, I have seen some of your builds William, and you know who showed me, they are absolutely spectacular, and he should have the display cabinet out front for everyone to see,

• Like 3

william

Looking good in in black.

I've long given up using any gloss black but Mr Color Gloss Black. Dries super gloss, rock hard over night and thins beautifully thins with Mr Color Leveling Thinner. Never a drop of AK or Alclad goes on these days with out Mr Color Gloss black as the base and no polishing necessary - it dries that smooth

Keep 'em comin

Peter ;)

• Like 2