The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

img_11049541818945-5553faac36098.jpeg

In my new Tahoe, I have to speak 'nicely' to it as apparently if I speak with an attitude, it answers back with an attitude..... go figure............. this technology thing is crazy.....:lol:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Scott, I picked up the JetSeal from Chemical Guys. And , what a pleasant surprise . The product goes on nicely in thin layer, doesn't dry too fast  (20minutes) so you have enough time to do the whole car and polish it. Thanks for the lead Scott, nice product indeed .

Also I have the Barton shifter installed together with braided clutch line and Maaaan ! I can drive again, no anticipation of embarrassment . Shifts are predictable, I feel connected again , in the way that sports car should feel out of the factory. Probably the best mod. ever :) Absolutely addictive :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This made my day just now...

Nose drooped when he stopped... A little torque when he launched. Not stiff at all, or dumped into the weeds like you see with most Car Guys lately. Looked really fun to drive.

IMG_20190705_173822.thumb.jpg.2fbe2d420cc0af460d3c43b411e64f25.jpg

Lucky Bastard!

• Like 4

Thats a real clean looking ride... I love the throw back to us old school guys, the slight rake on the back end and the American Racing Wheels 'Torque Thrusts"...... and NOT the 30 inch wheels with rubber bands for tires, those suck, this looks really clean and cool.....

• Like 3

Yep, Bullitt Mustang with factory Bullitt wheels.  Sexy!  ‘67 Bullitt had the torque Thrust wheels.  Ever since Ford reintroduced the Bullitt, they’ve been known as the Bullitt wheel.  Glad to see someone that knows the real name for them!  

I saw an S550 Bullitt the other day.  Man, that thing was sexy!!!  

EDIT:  Love the window trims.  Been thinking about getting a set for mine as well.  One of my first mods was the 50th anniv. Tail lights with the chrome trim.  

• Like 3

Today I had a set of aluminium rear subframe bushings installed and I have to say, what   a joy to drive this thing. Very responsive and cultivated ride the NVH rumours were unfound. Tail is not cushy like granpa's caddy anymore. 

IMG_1229.thumb.jpg.31283788eab7b592f15cd76ecb8b53c5.jpgIMG_1230.jpg.2478258b0f49d0c0e169ff28595d8730.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Yep, Bullitt Mustang with factory Bullitt wheels.  Sexy!  ‘67 Bullitt had the torque Thrust wheels.  Ever since Ford reintroduced the Bullitt, they’ve been known as the Bullitt wheel.  Glad to see someone that knows the real name for them!  

I saw an S550 Bullitt the other day.  Man, that thing was sexy!!!  

EDIT:  Love the window trims.  Been thinking about getting a set for mine as well.  One of my first mods was the 50th anniv. Tail lights with the chrome trim.  

Thanks Scott, I'm an old school guy at heart...... yeah those rear 1/4 window vents are cool, those look top drawer, a friend of mine has a 'Stang and put on aftermarket vents, but the cheap fake crappy kind that glue on the outside of the window really made the car look rather cheap.............. these ones on the car in the pic look just like the original OEM ones from '65 - 68....... I HOPE you are thinking of the kind in the pic and not the glue on ones..... and for my money, the painted Torque Thrusts always looked better than the polished ones.....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Hey guys, have any of you used the Autoglym Ultra High Definition Wax........link below.......before I go drop a few pounds I’d thought I’d seek advice.......

https://www.autoglym.com/products/bodywork/wax/ultra-high-definition-wax

Phil, I have , and as it is the ONLY polish/wax that Jaguar, and Rolls Royce is factory accepted, they use it exclusively....... I bought some here, BUT make sure you get the sealer, I had mine professionally applied, my buddy has a detailing shop here in town and was a former Jaguar employee, and I went on his recommendation..... I thought IF it was good enough for Rolls Royce, and Jaguar, it might be 'just' good enough for my NEW Chevy................ I'm quite satisfied with the final results...... what do you think??

IMG_9116.JPG

IMG_9124.JPG

• Like 3

Well, as this IS  a car thread.... and so far seems to be more of a Mustang show, I thought I'd spruce it up  a touch and post this little ditty..... I watched it live last night...... 0-60 in under 3 seconds AND for under 60 G's......................... I'm not sure about the design just yet, but the tech is something else.... may I be so presumptuous to post this............ it's worth a watch....

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/next-gen-corvette.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Jeff, Chevy looks the dogs dangles, I had a feeling someone had recommended before. Never seen the sealer, I’ll have a look on the autoglym website. The amazing thing is they are a UK company for a change.........thanks again.....

No worries Phil, glad to be of some use...... although NOT an expert in German armor, I DO know something about car care, ( won multiple trophies with my Corvettes) , yes, Julian, did , full on recommended the sealer, it is a little bit time consuming to put on,  wax first, let dry buff off, leave it an hour then repeat with the sealer..... what are you putting it on? Your Silver Cloud? , your XKE show car, XJS, Corniche??  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

That new Vette looks sick!  If I only had more space in the garage :)......... and 6 kidneys to sell :)

Actually for under 60k, that is the performance deal of the century............ although for me the jury is still out on the styling................. just me though....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Current Stingray has MRSP set on 65095 looners , plus dealership markup and "just because we can" charges and you're easily in 80 grand ballpark . 

https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/performance/corvette-stingray

I'm lucky............... I'm more than happy with what I have and I don't need the newest and bestest.................. so in my case, I'm good with what ever they charge, I probably won't be ordering one .................. very soon anyway......................... BUT yes you are right all the add on stuff, and in MY case I MUST pay the BC Provincial sales tax and it is 15% here because the car is over 50 k, so there is a LUXURY tax, of 15%.....................on ANY vehicle that is over 50k............... not many these days that aren't, so yes that will ad a few Looners to the bottom line.....

• Like 2

Jeff, picking a new CX3 for the wife on Monday and haven’t had the diamond bright or similar coating applied. They wanted another £600 for it. So cheap stake that I am doing going to wax and seal it myself. May also do my MX5 RF (miata) to you guys as had it over a year and probably needs it to. Did have the the finish applied when new but not sure how long it lasts........

F5CAAC3C-2D6B-480E-AF24-4B60E54EF202.jpeg.2616ba77ac7033ccabbb7339c6d800d7.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Jeff, picking a new CX3 for the wife on Monday and haven’t had the diamond bright or similar coating applied. They wanted another £600 for it. So cheap stake that I am doing going to wax and seal it myself. May also do my MX5 RF (miata) to you guys as had it over a year and probably needs it to. Did have the the finish applied when new but not sure how long it lasts........

F5CAAC3C-2D6B-480E-AF24-4B60E54EF202.jpeg.2616ba77ac7033ccabbb7339c6d800d7.jpeg

NICE ride................. mama will look good wearing this !!!! LOVE the color......

• Like 3