The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

It's worry these days Jeff (although the Battery died in my Wife's Cruze and we had the Devil of a time just getting into the thing to swap it out!)

You could always try a hack like this Guy did...

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/australian-man-uses-snack-bags-as-faraday-cage-to-block-tracking-by-employer/

Typical Aussie... Cheapskate, AND using it to goof off at the same time!

S

4 minutes ago, Wumm said:

It's worry these days Jeff (although the Battery died in my Wife's Cruze and we had the Devil of a time just getting into the thing to swap it out!)

You could always try a hack like this Guy did...

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/australian-man-uses-snack-bags-as-faraday-cage-to-block-tracking-by-employer/

Typical Aussie... Cheapskate, AND using it to goof off at the same time!

S

Well, there is a possibility, I DO LOVE Cheezes !!!!  LOL!!!!:rofl: Thanks pal, most interesting......

• Like 1

It's a trick we use sometimes when you want a little time out to pay a bill or something similar. We have a GPS in the truck as well as two cameras linked to an un-tamperable black box, and the PDA for deliveries that's also trackable by GPS so there's no getting a round of Golf in, but you can "go missing" for 5 or 10 minutes in a shopping centre for instance and just say it was a toilet break. 

Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that whenever you have a little Fudge break, someone at Base will have been watching you on the tracking for some obscure or random reason!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wumm said:

It's a trick we use sometimes when you want a little time out to pay a bill or something similar. We have a GPS in the truck as well as two cameras linked to an un-tamperable black box, and the PDA for deliveries that's also trackable by GPS so there's no getting a round of Golf in, but you can "go missing" for 5 or 10 minutes in a shopping centre for instance and just say it was a toilet break. 

Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that whenever you have a little Fudge break, someone at Base will have been watching you on the tracking for some obscure or random reason!

I heard they just GPS in our local snow plow trucks and graders..... the company I used to work for...... I wouldn't have ever had a problem with that, but I know a few guys had better watch out !

All the snow ploughs in Scotland are GPS equipped and trackable on a website or app. They even held a poll to get kids to suggest names for them all. So we have Sir Andy Flurry, Gritty Gritty Bang Bang, Luke Snowalker, Gritty Gonzalez, etc!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GusMac said:

All the snow ploughs in Scotland are GPS equipped and trackable on a website or app. They even held a poll to get kids to suggest names for them all. So we have Sir Andy Flurry, Gritty Gritty Bang Bang, Luke Snowalker, Gritty Gonzalez, etc!

Now that's funny, what a great idea !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Wondered when you guys would pick up this one, yep that’s not pretty. In Egypt for work at the moment, let’s just say that would not want to drive that around Cairo ring road.........

Some of the students in my class noticed it a week or so ago while looking at upcoming vehicles to try and guess what new content would be in the pipeline for their racing games. High school age boys aren't liking it either.

• Like 3

It's a gamble...

Take an iconic name; and trade on it to introduce something that's at odds with most people's perceptions of what it stands for.

Our GM subsidiary Holden did something similar here. Holden had the Commodore (Pontiac G6 / G8) for nearly 40 years, a rear wheel drive sedan and wagon with n/a V6 and V8 motors. When local production ended in 2017, they replaced it with a front wheel drive V6 and turbo 4 variant of the Buick Regal... But kept the Commodore name. Unsurprisingly, it has not been a success.

Now, for something completely different...

IMG_20191210_072534.thumb.jpg.eb26b089f98d6e3dafab07208a8e3458.jpg

When I drive around random corners and find Rare Bears like this just parked up a'mindin' there own business, I feel a little bit electrified myself!

IMG_20191210_072410.thumb.jpg.3c9cf27d7820135a74ccb760dd14c056.jpg

S

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Exactly ! And when I saw the ad on the tv last night , they had the starch to have a classic '65 coupe, AND a 69 Mach 1 in the same ad............... Blasphemous !

I guess they felt calling it a Probe might not work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

It's a gamble...

Take an iconic name; and trade on it to introduce something that's at odds with most people's perceptions of what it stands for.

Our GM subsidiary Holden did something similar here. Holden had the Commodore (Pontiac G6 / G8) for nearly 40 years, a rear wheel drive sedan and wagon with n/a V6 and V8 motors. When local production ended in 2017, they replaced it with a front wheel drive V6 and turbo 4 variant of the Buick Regal... But kept the Commodore name. Unsurprisingly, it has not been a success.

Now, for something completely different...

IMG_20191210_072534.thumb.jpg.eb26b089f98d6e3dafab07208a8e3458.jpg

When I drive around random corners and find Rare Bears like this just parked up a'mindin' there own business, I feel a little bit electrified myself!

IMG_20191210_072410.thumb.jpg.3c9cf27d7820135a74ccb760dd14c056.jpg

S

THAT is my favorite Torino...............

• Like 2

Lee Iacocca passed in July this year ... It didn't take the "Woke" crowd long to screw up his legacy ... 

A Mustang is a fastback sports coupe ... not ... whatever THAT thing is!! ...

If Ford start putting out that kind of trash ... it won't take long for them to slide out the way of the Dodo.

"Get Woke ... Go Broke!"

Rog :)

• Like 1