The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nice lift on the Jeep. If you have the space in the garage, consider a ceiling mounted lift for the hardtop. It'll make it easier to switch it out if you have a soft top. I use one for our roof mounted cargo box. If you need pics, let me know. 

Carl

• Like 3

Smart woman. I was thinking of selling my Beat a little while back as I wasn't driving it much. Still don't, maybe 400km a year. But Sue insisted I keep it. She was right as it only costs us $250 a year for the insurance and any gas I use. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

in August,  Rachael picked up a brand spanking new Wrangler. 

Nice ride, congratulations. I have a JK unlimited with dual top and got rid of the hard top soon. Since a year, it sits in a friends garage and will stay there for the next years, as it's so nice to drive open top with the Jeep and we do so as often as possible. The soft top is quite capable weather wise, riding through storms and rain without any issues. I don't know about sub zero conditions though, we don't have that.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Just installed the sidesteps. Not bad looking. 

The Jeep still is one of the coolest vehicles on this planet, guess how I know. Side steps looking mighty good and I like your matte hood as a glare reduced panel.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 3:00 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks good with the sidesteps. 

Now just needs a Hemi...maybe with a supercharger too :D

Did you see the new 10 litre V8 Chevy announced today? 

With the max speed limit of 50mph………hmm……with our petrol prices that would be a mortgage per trip…..

• Haha 2

• Administrators

I’ve never been a Jeep guy at all. Never really got “it”. I used real Jeep’s in the Army and had my fill of them.

But the Gladiator pickup has me thinking….  I wanted a Toyota Hilux with twin .50s swivel mounted in the back, but I bowed to political correctness on that one, but maybe, just maybe, a Gladiator in that German Grey-green Jeep is selling them in, might just work.  I like them slightly lifted, bo fancy wheels, just plain black or body color, and proper all season rubber, not these off road sand grabbers they’re selling them with these days.

• Like 4

AM General is teaming up with Jeep to create military grade truck for the US Army. Not sure how far they're going to get, but British were using their Land Rovers for decades with a huge success , and Hilux is the natural choice of every true believer, so why not?

jeep-s-return-to-mil_800x0.webp

jeep-gladiator-xmt.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

And we’ve been working overtime, trying to get the barn renovated in time for the cold winter. We have the spray foam complete, it looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man attacked it, then painted it flat black, then now comes the corrugated roofing steel.  Electrical is finished as well. Think Junkers or Ford aircraft. That kind of stuff. Like culverts. 
Then, a divider wall for the man cave/lounge, and build a bar.  Got both jukeboxes working.  The 1948 AMI will be in the lounge, and the 1954 Rock-Ola Comet Fireball will be with the old cars. 
Plenty of shop tools to find homes for, but we’re building shelves on the far wall for that exact purpose, oh, and for my wife’s Christmas decorations as well.

84505ED7-245C-4077-920A-0A4315CC38C5.jpeg

4190ADB1-A763-4109-8EE5-68AE3C387326.jpeg

6E01902E-955A-4741-84DB-AD52248DD6EB.jpeg

90A8A67B-2FB1-4B87-A4AA-0BF903AD101D.jpeg

C4D541B4-646B-4BF2-8D51-D9966956D944.jpeg

5D09022E-2794-4614-A64F-33A8A66915E6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I have NO idea what I was thinking when I told the contractor 12 foot roll up doors and a high ceiling. Like I wanted to get a Peterbilt in here. 
Maybe I did, I dunno, it’s a long time ago. 

Never hurts to have extra clearance.

When we built our garage a couple years ago I thought the door was high enough. We could park our Honda inside, lower the roof rack with the roof box onto it and drive out with plenty of room. Then Sue decided to switch to an Element and with that setup, we're 9" too tall to get out of the garage. So I have to now pull the Element out, lower the roof rack and box, carry them out to the car and lift them on by hand.

Sigh, first world problems.  

• Like 3

• Administrators

Well, an M113 will get through a 12’ door, so I’m ok. 
You have no idea how much we truly DESPISED these things in service, with armor scientifically designed and field tested to be just thick enough to allow a Soviet 12.7mm round to penetrate the hull but not exit, which would instantly cause mass consternation. And instantly cure constipation.
And the Detroit diesels had zero power unless you floored it, which of course caused the rods to exit the block.  But best of all, the cupola mirrors were angled just perfectly to either blacken your eyes, flatten your nose, or knock out all your toofs. And if you stood up like that idiot is doing, the mirrors or rim will give you the Mother of all Purple Nurples.
But hey, in civilian life, they make cool hippie stompers. 

6761D4C2-13CD-453A-8D6F-D1DA260FCAD5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2