A Wee Project: 1/24 Cardoor Tiffie

Uncarina

A significant part of the operational success of the Hawker Typhoon can be attributed to the actions of Wing Commander Roland Prosper "Bee" Beamont, CBE, DSO & Bar, DFC & Bar. At a time when operations were in doubt due to airframe and engine issues, he demonstrated the potential of this airplane in ground attack and low altitude operations. I thought it only appropriate to dedicate my build of the Airfix 1/24 Cardoor Mk 1B Typhoon to depicting one of his aircraft.

I loved this build: exceptional fit, engineering, accuracy, attention to detail. All of this is a testimony to the Airfix design team. They certainly impressed me! Certainly some challenges: some flash, parts cleanup, and tricky fitting (especially the cowl). Yet as this build took shape I smiled again and again at this  impressive kit. This was certainly one of my favorite builds in recent years! The only aftermarket I added was the BarracudaCast carburetor intake and the Montex Masks. The only extra detailing I added was to the inside of the car door; otherwise everything else is the kit! Painted with Tamiya paints and my Aztek 470 airbrush. Hope you like it!

Cheers, Tom

Q-5 (1 of 1).jpg

Q-2 (1 of 1).jpg

Q-3 (1 of 1).jpg

QQ-6 (1 of 1).jpg

QQ-7 (1 of 1).jpg

QQ-9 (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 4