The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Thanks Martin. The dragon was originally bought for my son Edward but the assembly is challenging. The parts tolerances are extremely tight and some parts interlock with others but really require a lot of force and finagling to get together. 

So I swapped him a different dragon kit and I'm putting this one together. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, mark31 said:

Thanks almost 80 hours of fun to make all the masks for this project and this whas the easy part.

Mark

Mark

Incredible. Being 76, if I spent half that much time, I would have forgotten what I was trying to make in the first place. 😉

• Haha 3

On 10/15/2023 at 3:37 AM, Martinnfb said:

indeed T80 , rubber backing, double pin.

6 pieces per link, clean up was the time-consuming part. perhaps 4 hours. the assembly was easy. now to the actual model, which should be fun. well, tomorrow. 

I must say that type of modelling doesn't spark joy for me .

Link n length, metal..... ever decent wubber bands ....but no way will I countenance numerous pieces just to make a link . 

• Haha 3

To quote a popular comedy skit…

YOU DONE MESSED UP, A-A Ron! 

IMG_0922.thumb.jpeg.1d0b5aae1174e85fffd8cbb1685e4b17.jpeg

Whaaaat?  Two open kits on my bench at the same time?!

Okay, just kidding.  Got bored watching sprue goo dry and wanted to see how the Barracuda Cast nose fit.  It’s going to take a little work it looks like.  
Put back aside for now.  Not sure if next up, but a good chance.  I’m also eying one of my HKM B-25 kits.  
Or a Blue Angels build. Either a Phantom or the Hornet.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, ScottsGT said:

To quote a popular comedy skit…

YOU DONE MESSED UP, A-A Ron! 

IMG_0922.thumb.jpeg.1d0b5aae1174e85fffd8cbb1685e4b17.jpeg

Whaaaat?  Two open kits on my bench at the same time?!

Okay, just kidding.  Got bored watching sprue goo dry and wanted to see how the Barracuda Cast nose fit.  It’s going to take a little work it looks like.  
Put back aside for now.  Not sure if next up, but a good chance.  I’m also eying one of my HKM B-25 kits.  
Or a Blue Angels build. Either a Phantom or the Hornet.  

It's odd about the Barracuda nose. I mentioned it before but I think Roy has two different moulds for it. I have two of them. One fits so much better than the second one. It's almost a drop fit, while the other will need a lot more work to make it fit, like yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's odd about the Barracuda nose. I mentioned it before but I think Roy has two different moulds for it. I have two of them. One fits so much better than the second one. It's almost a drop fit, while the other will need a lot more work to make it fit, like yours. 

Yea, mine is a bit tight at the bottom at the wing root area. I had to force it down to fit.  When I get serious I’m going to put it in some hot water to try and relax the resin in place. 

• Thanks 2

There's a very traditional Chinese dish called  braised pork in red sauce. The sauce is soy sauce, rock sugar, ginger and star anise. My parents make it all the time. I've never made it before but decided to give it a shot. So one 9 lb pork shoulder, and the other other ingredients went into a pot last night...

IMG_20231018_173047_01.thumb.jpg.454327809e47b6e65b9a409809e82f87.jpg

This morning, it looked and smelled the way I expected it to. Trying to pick it up, the bone fell out so I decided to do something with it I've always wanted to. I made it into pulled pork. 

PXL_20231019_184536544.thumb.jpg.a1e675c2a1c48733da0e09800a9add88.jpg

So Chinese style pulled pork tacos for dinner tonight! Talk about fusion cooking...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2