Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

New WNW kit! Gotha G1

smitty44

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I wonder what the min diameter testicle dimension was to get in one of those.

Bigger than mine for sure!

Ryan

Had to strengthen the cockpit floor in order to support those "balls of steel"

• Like 5

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, krow113 said:

I'll take the float sprues and put them under a G IV....

Also I think we'll see some more float planes as well.

I called the 0/400 for 5 years straight so it 's prolly gonna happen....

Well, the floatplane is a one off, so maybe we’ll start to see some more, like the Curtiss H Boats, or even the NC series....

• Like 2

I agree WNW doing a singular production plane opens the door for a ton of others.

Looking at my German seaplane book I can see a number of really cool subjects to come. 

WNW knows the market and is hitting it hard while its there , in 20 years the market will be cut in half.

• Like 2

Wow.... A Breguet XIV and a Caudron G-3 (rather than another German or English aircraft) ! ... WnW sure know how to surprise the world :D :D :D

... Oops, sorry, looks like I got it all wrong again :wallbash: :popo:

Hubert :stirthepot:

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, HubertB said:

Wow.... A Breguet XIV and a Caudron G-3 (rather than another German or English aircraft) ! ... WnW sure know how to surprise the world :D :D :D

... Oops, sorry, looks like I got it all wrong again :wallbash: :popo:

Hubert :stirthepot:

They’re coming I expect. 

• Like 1

Thats a definite addition to my WNW collection. I wont order direct though because the good old UK customs slaughters us every time.

I have the GIV but cant even face opening the bags let alone start it. I also have the Felixstowe..

I would love to see a Muromets in 1/32 scale. I asked Richard how likely it is that they would do it... he replied, "About as likely as model kit company announcing two 1/32 Lancasters at the same time"... Oooh.. 

• Like 2

I have to say I'm completely disappointed.  Despite the fact that I might be considered a builder of mostly German types...  Firstly...  I hate one-offs.  One-offs are right up there with paper-Panzers in my book.  Secondly, there are plenty of other German types that saw combat in numbers greater than 1(or 20) but less than Fokker DVII and AlbatrosDVa.

This looks more like:  "Hey guys...  we surprised you with the Lanc....  Getta load of this!"  Pardon the Pun...  but I hope it bombs.

Gaz

• Like 3

Other than Gaz, I like the approach of WNW with their new releases. Historical importance to me is of no significance, I have to be torn in on a subject by an aesthetic value or engineering wise and the Ghota has both. Remember that huge machine flew in the beginning of 1915, wow.

Good for us that the world of modelling became so rich of good kits of any kind the last few years, there is something for everybody, but I have to applaud WNW to their recent release schedule. I loved the Junkers D.1 and the Stahltaube and the brave release of huge bombers and floatplanes like AEG's, Ghota's and Felixstowe's.

When look at the historical photos, provided by WNW, I have to say I'm very impressed, the thing flew and will be an eyecatcher floating on some resin formed waves, while maintained. I don't know, if I buy one, but I admit, I'm deeply attracted.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1