Where have all the Emils gone?

Mikester

• Members

The Bf 109E situation is getting bad.  Eduard has all of  their's with the exception of one kit marked  as "discontinued".  Dragon seems to have taken a hiatus on 1/32 aircraft as well.  Only source I can find is from China, over MSRP and expensive shipping.  That leaves us with the Trumpeter kit which, really is a turd.

Anyone have any insight on if Dragon planes to re-issue their Emil at any point? 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Dragon is a pretty god kit, way superior to the Eduard's offering. Having said that Eduard could be a great candidate for the AlleyCAt D1 conversion . And as Smitty said it is readily available on eBay .

Needless to say, AML makes sweet little conversion set for a night fighter version

132-bf-109-e-4peilg-iv-day-fighters.jpg

132-bf-109-e-4-with-peilg-iv.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

I don't want to sound overly negative , but It is not just the shape of the fuselage, there are issues with radiator housings, propeller blades, cowling and the gear legs. I started the build and toss it after decent amount of work invested for a simple reason, Dragon came out with it's model.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I don't want to sound overly negative , but It is not just the shape of the fuselage, there are issues with radiator housings, propeller blades, cowling and the gear legs. I started the build and toss it after decent amount of work invested for a simple reason, Dragon came out with it's model.

All painfully true.  That's why ppl are able to get it for $40.  And also why Dragon Emils are sold at MSRP or higher.

• Like 1