The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Where have all the Emils gone?

Mikester

• Members

The Bf 109E situation is getting bad.  Eduard has all of  their's with the exception of one kit marked  as "discontinued".  Dragon seems to have taken a hiatus on 1/32 aircraft as well.  Only source I can find is from China, over MSRP and expensive shipping.  That leaves us with the Trumpeter kit which, really is a turd.

Anyone have any insight on if Dragon planes to re-issue their Emil at any point? 

• Like 2

• Members
2 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

I have heard Eduard is reboxing the E-7 in Legion Condor faire

An E-1, I believe.  Hopefully just a kit without all the non-model extras that drive the price up to $150.

• Like 2

• Members
13 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Fair amount of both Dragon and Eduard on evil bay, all boxings......or you can wait for the Tamiya Emil:stirthepot:

Not holding my breath for Tamiya, would be awesome though!

• Like 2

I don't want to sound overly negative , but It is not just the shape of the fuselage, there are issues with radiator housings, propeller blades, cowling and the gear legs. I started the build and toss it after decent amount of work invested for a simple reason, Dragon came out with it's model.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I don't want to sound overly negative , but It is not just the shape of the fuselage, there are issues with radiator housings, propeller blades, cowling and the gear legs. I started the build and toss it after decent amount of work invested for a simple reason, Dragon came out with it's model.

All painfully true.  That's why ppl are able to get it for $40.  And also why Dragon Emils are sold at MSRP or higher.

• Like 1