The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

SHARE YOUR RIDES!

1to1scale

I have seen on other threads where people have some nice rides, both wings and wheels. I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread, so I thought I would start one here.

Ill start with my recent collection of rides.

My 68 Dart, build 100% for an old junker, all by myself. Nobody else's hand ever touched it, took 9 years. Sold in 2015 to buy the Challenger.

IMG_1297.JPG

My 2013 GT, had for 9 months before the wife got pregnant and had to sell it for 4 door Charger.

IMG_3278.JPG

My 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, great car, but hard to get a toddler into the back seat. traded for the 2017 Charger.

IMG_3849.JPG

My current 2017 Charger Scat Pack. Best vehicle ever, suspension is a little hard for country roads. Soon to be traded for something new this summer...

IMG_3608.JPG

• Like 5

I turned this...

sD6KAb.jpg

Into this...

oQc1rW.jpg

Of course it has been a 20 year adventure so far and I still have to rip out the 9" center section and put in a new one along with a rear disc upgrade.

I built this one back around 1985

wPFvYE.jpg

And did this one at the same time

sVpc3A.jpg

My everyday driver....

ItBV1r.jpg

My first car back in high school....

y1HWHq.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I turned this...

sD6KAb.jpg

Into this...

oQc1rW.jpg

Of course it has been a 20 year adventure so far and I still have to rip out the 9" center section and put in a new one along with a rear disc upgrade.

I built this one back around 1985

wPFvYE.jpg

And did this one at the same time

sVpc3A.jpg

My everyday driver....

ItBV1r.jpg

My first car back in high school....

y1HWHq.jpg

Nice, I especially like the Camaro, it reminds me of the Baldwin Camaros. I had a 1970 Z-28 when I was 18, awesome car, always wanted another one. 

I tried to buy an early mustang three times, but I always came up an hour late and $100 short. Somebody always got there minutes before I did. I once showed up to look at a 67 Mustang, there was a guy there handing the owner a stack of cash when I pulled up. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I have seen on other threads where people have some nice rides, both wings and wheels. I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread, so I thought I would start one here.

Ill start with my recent collection of rides.

My 68 Dart, build 100% for an old junker, all by myself. Nobody else's hand ever touched it, took 9 years. Sold in 2015 to buy the Challenger.

IMG_1297.JPG

My 2013 GT, had for 9 months before the wife got pregnant and had to sell it for 4 door Charger.

IMG_3278.JPG

My 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, great car, but hard to get a toddler into the back seat. traded for the 2017 Charger.

IMG_3849.JPG

My current 2017 Charger Scat Pack. Best vehicle ever, suspension is a little hard for country roads. Soon to be traded for something new this summer...

IMG_3608.JPG

No hijacking at all, I renamed  that topic to CAR THREAD so every gear head and car enthusiast can pitch in. :)

• Like 2

This was my ride  :wub: for some 4 years, until I sold it off to but some piece of land to build a house :( ...

A 3.6 996 Targa with a Tiptronic gearbox .... Fairly rare on European roads, with the Savanna Beige interior ...

Needless to say the new acquisition (the land) does not move as fast as the previous one :wallbash:

i-9CRwkJ2-600x450.jpg

i-wD374Hp-600x450.jpg i-DVJcQMH-600x450.jpg

i-77zpbLk-600x450.jpg

In the background of the last pic is my wife's then and still current ride, a Mini Cabrio, red with black stripes and black-lacquered wheels ...

Hubert

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HubertB said:

(...) Needless to say the new acquisition (the land) does not move as fast as the previous one (...)

In fact, and given your location, your piece of land travels at a speed of approximately 1.300 km/h. Slightly faster than your 996.  ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

This was my ride  :wub: for some 4 years, until I sold it off to but some piece of land to build a house :( ...

A 3.6 996 Targa with a Tiptronic gearbox .... Fairly rare on European roads, with the Savanna Beige interior ...

Needless to say the new acquisition (the land) does not move as fast as the previous one :wallbash:

Hubert

I have a gut feeling I'm going to feel the same pain one day.  We've been discussing the future of the '66 GT Fastback.  With 4 kids, 2 being boys, we don't want a bunch of family infighting over a car.  And at one point the wife wants to relocate to a lake home.  I think I might have to turn the '66 into a down payment.

We're pretty safe at this point since none of the boys have a place to store/safely park it and I'm still not ready to give it up. But one day the time will come.  I sure can't take it with me in the end.

• Like 3

In light of Hubert's detailed info on his ride, and I am exactly the same way with the details, here is a little ditty I'm sure we can all relate to...... got this from a buddy of mine.... it's a bit longer so just scroll down, as you rad, I'm also sure most of you guys have seen this before.... still a chuckle here....

Subject: MISSING WIFE

MISSING WIFE

Husband: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home!

Sheriff: Height?

Husband: I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sheriff: Weight ?

Husband: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sheriff: Color of eyes ?

Husband: Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sheriff: Color of hair ?

Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I can’t remember.

Sheriff: What was she wearing ?

Husband: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

Sheriff: What kind of car did she go in ?

Husband: She went in my truck.

Sheriff: What kind of truck was it ?

Husband : A 2016 pearl white Ram Limited 4X4 with 6.4l Hemi V8 engine ordered with the Ram Box bar and fridge option, led lighting, back up and front camera, Moose hide leather heated and cooled seats, climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, Weather Tech floor mats. Trailing package with gold hitch, sunroof, DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio, Cobra 75 WX ST 40-channel CB radio, six cup holders, 3 USB port, and 4 power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Toyo tires. It has custom retracting running boards and under-glow wheel well lighting.

At this point the husband started choking up.

Sheriff: Take it easy sir, we'll find your truck...

• Like 5

On 3/26/2019 at 11:52 AM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

In fact, and given your location, your piece of land travels at a speed of approximately 1.300 km/h. Slightly faster than your 996.  ;)

Well, if you add the speed of the land, then the fastest I went with the 996 was approximately 1565 kph ;) ... still faster than rubble methink :rolleyes:.

Hubert

• Like 1