Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Finally a Float Plane thread...lets post some pics

Jeff

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Still very decent kit, shape wise . Special Hobby has really nice one in 1/48. And we can only dream of one in 1/32 :)

Ugh!  It would be another massive hunk of plastic with too few details, necessitating large amounts of AM, or many hours spent researching and scratchbuilding....

speaking of which....

ever finish that He-111P you were building on TOS?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HubertB said:

The Mars is such a beautiful airframe. Even though massive, it looks incredibly graceful, and even nimble ;)

Tha ks for posting this one, Jeff.

Hubert

Glad you enjoyed it, I didn't know they had taken a video of it when it flew out of here, during a bad fire season......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Lambair Otter. These pics bring back GOOD memories.  I loaded and unloaded these on the docks at Landing Lake as a kid. Got paid with some ride alongs and got to see the northern camps. 18 years later I was doing it myself in a somewhat larger aircraft, my freight after being unloaded, would be stuffed onto these for the trips to the camps.

B00A0E71-F4E9-488B-A206-7984EE4A60E9.jpeg

FD8EACA0-A6CE-4DD5-945F-E346094C861B.jpeg

A4934EA4-351E-4E5A-8BB5-D7B1C54915EF.jpeg

7A19FD58-B9D7-4B42-8DCC-23FA23CA0F38.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

That’s a new one for me, actually.  Junkers, Stinson, Fairchild, and Fokker had the northern market cornered. I knew Ford had a tough time competing up there.  I’m not sure ANY new Fords were bought by Canadian operators. Alaska yes, but Fokker and Junkers and were kings of the heavy lifters

• Like 2

• Administrators

The north country is littered with the hulks of Junkers, Fokkers, Fairchilds, and Norsemen.

DHCs used to be as well, but Otters and Beavers are worth their weight in gold and are all hauled out for rebuilding.

• Like 1