The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Is a stash the wishful childhood dream fullfilled?

Yesterday I had a look through my 1/32 kits. Whilst I have completed a few 1/48 kits I am yet to complete a larger scale. Ideally I want to build one of my Special hobby kits. The fact I may fail led me to look at my more mainstream kits. The Hasegawa Bf-109 F-4 would be ideal. I have 2. Yet do I want to start another 109? The Trumpeter MiG 23 would be fantastic to have on a shelf. So many parts...

I have two Hobby boss Sturmoviks, single and twin seater. 

If anything yesterday I was spoilt for choice. Ultimately I will probably choose between a dauntless, bearcat, Il-2 or Me-262. Perhaps a Yak 3?

I think I enjoy modelling more than models. Once complete I usually give them away. 

What I really want built to keep from amongst my stash.....???

I think what I really want are my 2 Su-25's, Su-34 & Su-24. 

Spoilt for choice indeed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TJTX said:

My meager stash is driven mostly by right price right time.  I just got 3 new kits for a stunningly good price.  But, my rule is, of it dont fit in my "stash space" I dont get it.  I'm now completely full so only trades or build more before I buy more.

20190905_161927.jpg

You’re going to really enjoy building that SUFA at the bottom of your stack.  They have all kinds of hidden treasures in that box for other versions of the F-16 2 seater. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

My buying has definitely slowed down, but I can honestly say that I’ve gotten most large scale aircraft I’ve thought I’d build. I’ve traded extras for stuff I want and have looked into heavy transport types. Especially those not usually seen here, like Russian and French types.  I haven’t grabbed an An-124 because I see them here often and they’re much like a 737 to me now.. ho hum, another Antonov moving oversized freight. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie, it's pretty much the same kit in a different box.

Good, I picked up some cool Polish deckles for it, plus Aires intake, exhaust, gear wells, and ACES ll seats, with a nagging thought in the back of my head that maybe Poland specified the K-36 rapid egress system instead. Gotta check....

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Good, I picked up some cool Polish deckles for it, plus Aires intake, exhaust, gear wells, and ACES ll seats, with a nagging thought in the back of my head that maybe Poland specified the K-36 rapid egress system instead. Gotta check....

Double check the box, I thought that it was supposed to include Polish decals in the new boxing.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 9/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, 1to1scale said:

Double check the box, I thought that it was supposed to include Polish decals in the new boxing.

No sign of them...

On 9/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, Ryan said:

I have this one Ernie, the front glare sheild is much more accurate than the single seaters. (No one asked, but that is a pretty big deal OOB on the Academy Falcons.)

image.png.5125e4eb1d65a053aaa4cca43c7d2ce6.png

Nice!  I’ve hea d good things about the Acadamy two seaters, but I know jack diddly squat about jets built after 1965. 

• Like 2