The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

New HKM B17G in 1/48

Bomber_County

Apparently, they have reworked the CAD. That’s what Neil says anyway. The nose on the 3D renderings for the new 1/48 kit certainly looks flatter than the 1/32 kit...

There are other issues however, like the outboard engine nacelles, which may not have been addressed, as most comments focused on the wrong nose shape.

Hubert

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

First world problems: THE TAIL IS WRONG!!!!!

:ph34r:

Me, not being a full on B 17 guy...................... whats wrong with the tail? Kind of looks like a B 17 to me....................educate me, Dale, I might actually learn something....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Me, not being a full on B 17 guy...................... whats wrong with the tail? Kind of looks like a B 17 to me....................educate me, Dale, I might actually learn something....

Dude, I am being sarcastic and silly.

"First world problems" is a phrase currently in wide use.

I never have original ideas. :huh:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Dude, I am being sarcastic and silly.

"First world problems" is a phrase currently in wide use.

I never have original ideas. :huh:

SEE................ I LEARNED something  :rofl:Me either , Dale, I find it always way easier to copy someone else's ideas............. less wear and tear on MY brain.....;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Mikester said:

Had my hands on this model yesterday, beautiful kit.  They'll sell a butt-load.

Thats cool, I well remember when the Monogram 1/48 B 17 came out, my buddy had one..................... it was the coolest thing out there.....................is it that long ago??   How does it look Mike?? I bet even though the old Mongram kit has been the bench mark for many years, this one is light years ahead..................wonder how many Monogram sold over the years??  couple hundred I bet.........:rofl:

• Like 2

• Members
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Thats cool, I well remember when the Monogram 1/48 B 17 came out, my buddy had one..................... it was the coolest thing out there.....................is it that long ago??   How does it look Mike?? I bet even though the old Mongram kit has been the bench mark for many years, this one is light years ahead..................wonder how many Monogram sold over the years??  couple hundred I bet.........:rofl:

Very subtle rivet detail, construction simplified from the 1/32 version.  Dry fit appears to be just about perfect.  One of the guys in our group noted that they didn't get the shape of the superchargers quite right but that was about the only flaw we could find. The version we had will only do an early G model.  I think a late F model will follow,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikester said:

Very subtle rivet detail, construction simplified from the 1/32 version.  Dry fit appears to be just about perfect.  One of the guys in our group noted that they didn't get the shape of the superchargers quite right but that was about the only flaw we could find. The version we had will only do an early G model.  I think a late F model will follow,

Well for me the superchargers would be a minor detail and nothing that would stop me from getting one, any chance of some pics and maybe a light review? It would be cool to get an F version, and a guy could build 'Piccadilly Lilly' that the 12 O'Clock High tv show flew...... just for a change of pace...

• Members
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Well for me the superchargers would be a minor detail and nothing that would stop me from getting one, any chance of some pics and maybe a light review? It would be cool to get an F version, and a guy could build 'Piccadilly Lilly' that the 12 O'Clock High tv show flew...... just for a change of pace...

It was given to one of the guys in our club to do a build up review, he might be bring to the meeting next week.  I'll try to take some pics if he does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikester said:

It was given to one of the guys in our club to do a build up review, he might be bring to the meeting next week.  I'll try to take some pics if he does.

that would be cool.... I'm sure some of the guys, ( me included) would enjoy that..... thanks Mike

• 1 month later...