Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Off the beaten track...

..with Heller's lovely (but occasionally flawed) 1/24 Ferguson TE-20, built as a 'well worn but fully functional tractor, living a dusty life in the care of a funky farmer that fancied swopping the production line grey for something more eye catching...'.

The real deal was built in Coventry between 1946 until production halted in 1956. About 500,000 were built and little Fergies still earn a living today. 

The steering wheel's had a bit of flat on it but this is otherwise 'it'. A great fun diversion from other things. 

TTFN

Steve

Fergie TE 33.jpg

Fergie TE 34.jpg

Fergie TE 35.jpg

Fergie TE 36.jpg

Fergie TE 37.jpg

Fergie TE 38.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, harv said:

Well good to see you here. Haven't heard from you for ages. Exquisite work. Doesn't get any better than this.....harv :unworthy:

Hi Harv.

Thanks for that.

I don't do much in the way of forum stuff these days regrettably; since retiring and surviving the world of work my wife and I have become amateur bat researchers, so when normal folks like you are tucked up in front of the tv (or in the modelling parlour of course), we're sat by a tree line with the Echo Meter Touch 2 'Pro' waiting for bats.

My paramedic son has been a lifelong fan of all things tractor, so when I tripped over the Heller kit on holiday earlier this year I bought it to complete as a small display piece in his new home. I'm a dio novice, so a lovely oak stand has been ordered in for a rutted track base. ICM do a 'Henry Ford' three figure set too and the guy in denim dungarees will make a suitable driver and the engineer, the land owner - I'm a figure novice too, so lots of catching up to do.

Hope you and yours are fine and well!

TTFN

Steve   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1