The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Are we going senile?

Clunkmeister

Actually, widows and recluses seldom bite people. In fact most spiders only bite is strongly provoked. The U.S. averages around 2000 widow bites a year with maybe a dozen being any kind of serious. But no fatalities.

Like school shootings, widow bites are grossly exaggerated and the reasons for the ones that DO happen are mischaracterized. I've even kept some as pets.

• Like 3

I just moved Mom (85) into a nursing home three weeks ago.  Last weekend we took the daughter and her baby for a visit.  We walked in and Mom told us to not let the baby go because someone came in, dropped trou and took a dump in the corner of her room and the evidence is still there. 
it was a power cord for the tiny TV I took off the dresser when I put hers in.  After discussing with her, she dreamed this occurred and she was convinced there was a turd in the corner of her room.  

• Like 4

Great story! 

Bunnies and Chickens story.

...reminds me of about four years ago I had shoulder surgery in mid December, when I woke up, or at least when I could start remembering things. I sat up in bed and the nurse handed me a a plastic trough, I asked

Me         “what this for?”
Nurse.  “to throw up in” 
Me.       “I don’t need to throw....”

Needless to say, the pain and nausea hit me so hard I threw up an old pair of gym socks missing since the 80’s.

...good thing was, I got lot of very strong drugs! So for the next few days I was only moderately in pain. i had to sleep in a recliner because I could not lay down, 30 degrees was the most I could do.

But, getting back to the story, the next morning, I woke up because my drugs had worn off around 6:30 am. My wife gave me my pills and then went to the bathroom. I was looking out the bedroom window and yelled to my wife...”there are bunnies in the backyard!” She said “OK”, thinking I was on good drugs. A few minutes later, I said “now there are chickens and roosters” She yelled back, “go back to sleep, it’s just the drugs” I said ”no, really!” Her response was..”sure...I believe you” 

“no, really...I see them!”     One last “I’m sure you do” was yelled back at me.

I took these photos from my chair through the window to prove I was not hallucinating....

3B9BCD63-3579-4988-8DF9-8E751F3F7B4D.jpeg

2E186409-00FD-4C18-A8DB-4CF0D6F6E906.jpeg

203E2A20-CE59-4C1E-A543-8A27363965B5.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

I don’t see bunnies!  You were stoned.

I was stoned. But the bunnies actually were gone by the time I got my phone to take a picture. Later that month my wife saw them too. But not the only wildlife we had, possums, skunks, and rats were around. And once we had an animal control officer  knocking on doors looking for a large Boa.

• Like 3