Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HpH P-63C build #3

9 hours ago, Wingco57 said:

No shake and bake kit I got that, but is it camera distortion or is the fuselage not in line?

I hadn't noticed that but it does look out of alignment. I'll have to check it out. If it is there's nothing I can do to correct it at this late date.

• Like 4

It might be slightly out but some of it is a optical illusion due to lighting and areas that have primer on them and others that don't. At any rate there's nothing I can do about it now. :wacko:

• Like 4

Just now, Clunkmeister said:

Looks great, John.   This kit will throw you a curve every now and then :D Clever, eh?

But in your defense, you're always chasing the little things with this.  I think it's gonna be one of those great builds.

Thanks Ernie. It has been a bear to build but I think I have all the toughest things done. Those guys at HpH must just want to make things difficult for us builders. Even the canopy masks don't fit! Jeeze Louise!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Clunkmeister said:

Of all the stupid things, I struggled with the canopy fit on my first one of these.  I let my guard down for 10 seconds and ended up creating myself 10 days needless work.

I hear that Ernie! I took most of yesterday trimming and fitting the canopy. Took all day but finally got it done.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Not sure I going to be running out and buying this beasty.......grand job John....

LOL Thanks. It would be hard to find for sure, at least for a decent price. I have another in my stash but that's where it will stay as I have no intentions whatsoever of building it. Three is enough!

• Like 1