The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HpH P-63C build #3

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

John, you KNOW you’ll be doing another.  :stirthepot:

Its a tough build, but as resin kits go, it ain’t bad at all.  Not shake and bake, but decent and nice. 

It does make a nice model but I think I've had enough P-63 builds. :rolleyes: I'm considering another Corsair just to re-visit a fun build!

• Like 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JohnB said:

It does make a nice model but I think I've had enough P-63 builds. :rolleyes: I'm considering another Corsair just to re-visit a fun build!

I have three more in my stash, and I'll build every single one.  You want a fun HPH build?  Try a Walrus on for size. That will give you all kinds of fun times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I have three more in my stash, and I'll build every single one.  You want a fun HPH build?  Try a Walrus on for size. That will give you all kinds of fun times.

Fun indeed Ernie! LOL Sounds like a passel of headaches. :)

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice and shiny, always a great feel to have buried all the problematic areas under a coat of paint and not being able to spot them anymore ;).

Cheers Rob

Yes indeed! And this model certainly has it's share.

• Like 4

Opinions needed. This is the a/c I'm doing but I have a question for you guys. Everything I have been able to find says the spinner is blue/white/red with the blue in front. Looking at photos, unfortunately b&w, it appears to me it should be red/white/blue with the red in front. What say you?

French 18.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Looking at the saturation of colour between first and third bands, IMHO it’s blue first........

When I looked at it it sure looked to me like it was red first. Glad I asked! :)

• Like 3

John, you are showing skills of a real deal model maker, taking a kit that has been a huge challenge, and making it into a master piece, your end results are excellent, and you should be very proud of your efforts, it will be a beautiful model when done.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jeff said:

John, you are showing skills of a real deal model maker, taking a kit that has been a huge challenge, and making it into a master piece, your end results are excellent, and you should be very proud of your efforts, it will be a beautiful model when done.

I appreciate the kind words Jeff, thanks. I will say there were times I wish I hadn't started this one. Now it seems the end is in sight and all the high cuss-factor stuff is past (fingers crossed!). When done I'll have to look for a "fun build" next! LOL :)

• Like 4