The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 CF-100

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Check out these basic shapes pieces being developed.  No, it’s not exact and it certainly needs tweaking, especially around the all important upper engine pods and fuselage Area, but it’s certainly 10,000% closer than anyone’s ever been before.  The simplified tailcone air intake will need to be remade, but dang, the glories of 3D printing are revolutionizing our hobby. 

This kind of stuff absolutely blows my mind. There's months worth of scratchbuilding ahead of the builder, but this is one seriously cool mid 50's interceptor coming to life.

0F9005EE-9105-41BF-B4E4-BC1E3C9C7DF2.jpeg

894E78ED-C88A-4D82-A0D4-39A08A163409.jpeg

0136C98D-D155-4062-9AA6-558CD708C518.jpeg

BD7DFAB6-2783-4641-8223-7A0B4FBDC19E.jpeg

CA8E349C-9D49-4F7B-A209-88CFEE668606.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

There are rumors, only vile, unconfirmed rumors mind you, of the possibility of a resin kit being developed in Eastern Europe through a Friend who’s every bit, if not more insanely smitten by the Clunk as I am.

Covid may or may not have put a temporary hold on development. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Or what about this cool , steampunk thingie ....

stempunk.thumb.jpg.6ae6e69e8de82677d65f9d0b817caf5a.jpg

I  know they were a developing a tray interchange system where they took the 8 gun .50 cal package out like you see here, and in went a Genie rocket tray in it's place.  

back in those days, they were still a few years away from designers designing a whole line of interceptors with no internal guns.  I believe the CF-105 Arrow was to have no guns, just Sparrows and Genies.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

This is the future of out hobby. You will download your kit on line and print it at home. I have been saying this for a while, no more boxarts and local hobby shops. :stirthepot: :)

MiGStory7.jpg

they had three full squadrons of these in the early to mid 60s, but US pressure forced them to sell them off.  The range, or lack thereof, wasn't such a good thing either, with only about a 250 combat radius in a land with thousands of miles of uncharted territory.

I expect that one ran out of fuel and became a glider. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Hey Martin, don’t laugh. Those Canucks never did get used to having to declare a fuel emergency 3 minutes after takeoff. A lot of those ended up in farmers fields just like that one. 

They eventually gave the six or seven they had left to the Czechs as long as they took them out in the dark of night. 

• Like 4