The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I’m ashamed.

Clunkmeister

Holy shit, Ernie!  If I was 30, I'd ask you to adopt me, and then once adopted ply you with Scotch and Marlboros.  But I'm too old to even contemplate building all of the ones I like there.  I see you have a couple dreadnought era battleships, too.  Best get cracking...  ship builds take forever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Here is my stash ... Admittedly not as big as Ernie's, especially on the WnW front...

And like Ernie, not many mainstream manufacturers (you'll notice only one Tamiya), not many WWII either. But plenty of resin, oddball subjects and even some vacs.  Almost 100 % in 1/32. And some ships ;) ...

And a last comment: there is a bit of clever dissimulation there: the shelves are 60 cm deep, so some boxes are hidden by the first row. I counted about 110 boxes. Too bad I decided to delay my retirement by two years, "thanks" to the Covid-19 slump :(

i-MK3x5vt-600x450.jpg i-qC7QBzh-600x450.jpg i-H55hGC8-600x450.jpg i-9D4TpSs-600x450.jpg

And in case you are wondering , the shelf below the kits is full of Mrs' Xmas decoration boxes (but for the first one which holds my golfing shoes and miscellani );)

And of course, a wine cabinet at the end of the row :wine:. I am French after all :D

Hubert

• Like 7

• Administrators
3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Holy shit, Ernie!  If I was 30, I'd ask you to adopt me, and then once adopted ply you with Scotch and Marlboros.  But I'm too old to even contemplate building all of the ones I like there.  I see you have a couple dreadnought era battleships, too.  Best get cracking...  ship builds take forever.

Yep. Dreadnoughts plus Bismarck, Hood, Arizona, and Yorktown.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I actually prefer the ZM Mustang to the Tamiya kit.  It’s got the British Mustang nailed perfectly! 

Yes they did,  they even put the stick on the other side for the British variant....:secret:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Carl, I love the Little Bird. Fascinated by the whole Blackhawk down fiasco. What a cluster that was. 

Yeah, there's something very appealing about the Killer Egg. Gothic Serpent definitely could've gone better. I'm planning to do the Dragon kit as an MH-6 and the KH as an AH. 

The MH-60 is pretty cool too but I don't have the room for something with that rotor span as I found out with the Hind.

• Like 4

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Yeah, there's something very appealing about the Killer Egg. Gothic Serpent definitely could've gone better. I'm planning to do the Dragon kit as an MH-6 and the KH as an AH. 

The MH-60 is pretty cool too but I don't have the room for something with that rotor span as I found out with the Hind.

That must qualify as the understatement of the decade 

• Like 3

I'm ashamed of the room my stash is in.  Otherwise I'd show a picture.  It's also a room that the missus has tagged for storage...  she who never throws anything away...  The major contributor to my stash is Dragon armor.  Next up would be my 8 WNW kits.  Then the rest is Tamiya, Hasegawa, Meng, ICM, Revell, and even a couple Roden.  My most extravagant single model is the 1/48 scale Gaspatch HS-123.    I don't have any ZM, yet. 

• Like 5

• Administrators
On 12/16/2020 at 4:45 AM, Clunkmeister said:

I’m not quite that bad. Not even close, but like everyone here, I’ve tried to consolidate the stash into what I really want to build someday. Mostly all high end stuff that we all lust after. Not just whatever’s around.

So its 95% 1/32 scale, a few Airfix 1/24, and a smattering of 1/48 large or unavailable in big scale kits. 

There’s still about 50 Wingnut kits in the closet, plus all the SH, and full resin kits.

What a collection!!! Fantastic mate!!

Soooo many good things!! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my collection now that it's been reorganized and made to fit on the shelves.

You'll probably note that I've got the opposite of Ernie's collection. Lots of Japanese two star shake and bake kits. :lol:

PXL_20201228_234700863.thumb.jpg.9ce49233a66a568b264cb6088398c46a.jpg

PXL_20201228_234925024.thumb.jpg.0be2fd2da572dbd4de6930af22b44b3b.jpg

The two RC car boxes are actually full of leftover sprues from finished kits. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, two Lancs, two Mosquitoes, B24 & B17 so for me that’s ten year’s modelling...........:respect:and that’s if the eyes and body keeps going.......

Thanks Phil. I've rethought how I approach some of these bigger projects and won't get as crazy on them as I might have in the past.  At least that way I stand a chance at finishing one of them. 

• Like 4