The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

I’m ashamed.

Clunkmeister

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Started cataloguing Wingnut Kits today, and the Bible certainly talks about gluttony.

Not good.  :(

I would offer to help, but I don't even know if I'll finish the eight I have.  The only WWI planes I want weren't released by WNW or anyone in large scale.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Well if I drop dead, my wife knows where y’all are. I had a bunch in the barn, then a pile in the house, now they’re all in the barn. Resin all in the house. 

Other than WNW, very, very few mainstream IM kits. Mostly Lukgraph, Silver Wings, HPH, Fisher, Craftworks, Alpha Flight, OzMods, MDC, and Special Hobby stuff. Nothing “Shake the Box” other than Kitty Hawk, HK, and a couple Tamiyagawa.  Tony knows this. He’s seen it.  Hell, I have an HPH Arado 196, and an MDC Ki.61 for crying out loud! Why? Because they build nicer than the comparable IM kits.  It’s insane. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well if I drop dead, my wife knows where y’all are. I had a bunch in the barn, then a pile in the house, now they’re all in the barn. Resin all in the house. 

Other than WNW, very, very few mainstream IM kits. Mostly Lukgraph, Silver Wings, HPH, Fisher, Craftworks, Alpha Flight, OzMods, MDC, and Special Hobby stuff. Nothing “Shake the Box” other than Kitty Hawk, HK, and a couple Tamiyagawa.  Tony knows this. He’s seen it.  Hell, I have an HPH Arado 196, and an MDC Ki.61 for crying out loud! Why? Because they build nicer than the comparable IM kits.  It’s insane. 

wow!!! i would love to see your collection!!! 

Craftworks!! I have a P-40C (started one) that I got on ebay 10 years ago! 

Alpha Flight had some really nice kits and also not shake and bake ones! :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Did I interpret the guy correctly, was it it 15,0000 kits............holy........

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

That's what I thought too , Phil

Yup, 15,000 kits. 

My LHS bought a 10,000 kits collection a couple years. They've only had the chance to get it out of the seller's house and into storage. I'm still waiting for them to start cataloguing it and getting it into the store. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Yup, 15,000 kits. 

My LHS bought a 10,000 kits collection a couple years. They've only had the chance to get it out of the seller's house and into storage. I'm still waiting for them to start cataloguing it and getting it into the store. 

Yup, I bid on that collection, they won, but in my opinion, they vastly overpaid. While there were 10,000 kits, not all were newer or high end, however there were quite a few 1/32 Tamiya jets, maybe 50 in total. However, they were relatively close, and a hobby shop is the ideal purchaser, I estimated it would have taken me years to sell them.

• Like 6

• Administrators

I’m not quite that bad. Not even close, but like everyone here, I’ve tried to consolidate the stash into what I really want to build someday. Mostly all high end stuff that we all lust after. Not just whatever’s around.

So its 95% 1/32 scale, a few Airfix 1/24, and a smattering of 1/48 large or unavailable in big scale kits. 

There’s still about 50 Wingnut kits in the closet, plus all the SH, and full resin kits. 

4E723E47-B57F-4062-8A99-E32676A6E558.jpeg

99CC21ED-B606-4390-9222-52849FB404FB.jpeg

492446FF-C972-4E48-85C5-90AB54777D2A.jpeg

2B18978D-FDD9-4053-A332-D23BAE25B551.jpeg

3E78AFC1-E5B8-4D06-A3FE-CBEF1A2C8B53.jpeg

C96E06AE-045E-4243-AB66-AAD1C4EEA03B.jpeg

1602D1C1-7A22-4E89-A67B-C3753161B0EF.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Much more organized than my stash. As much as I've tried to organize it, the primary factor is where space can I fit the kit into?

Never realized you like the Little Bird so much Ernie. I've got the KH one and a Dragon one with the Black Ops conversion set. 

Carl

• Like 4