The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-51D ROK AF

I have always liked the Bout One Mustangs of the ROK AF so now that Tamiya has provided us with the needed decals and bits needed to build one I'm going to get with the program and model this one flown by Dean Hess. Should make a eye catching model. :)

Scanned Section 5-1.jpg

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

tcinla_190830_5d68b0f1b8329.jpg

tcinla_190830_5d68b0f19b878.jpg

38897631_2122067821197919_4255433891566845952_n.jpg

39007479_2122067664531268_7939143284541095936_n.jpg

2015030400132_1.jpg

20170316174118.jpg

Thanks Martin. As you can see from the photos he evidently flew more than one a/c (or the markings were changed at some later date). I'm choosing the earlier markings for my model. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Having built a trio of Tamiya Mustangs, finding a unique scheme and markings keeps adding to the variety of markings and interest. Going to be a great build to follow.

Keep 'e comin

Peter 

Yes indeed Peter. This will be my 9th! Close behind the Corsairs LOL. :)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

OMG ... for me that would be two lifetimes and now take in the quality of the builds ..

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I hadn't realized I'd built so many until I decided I better count 'em! LOL P-51's and Corsairs are like rabbits around here! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just a thought but maybe you can mount a light weight plexiglass or two on the wall above your glass display cases. 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Unfortunately that will not work. :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2021 at 1:48 AM, JohnB said:

I have always liked the Bout One Mustangs of the ROK AF so now that Tamiya has provided us with the needed decals and bits needed to build one I'm going to get with the program and model this one flown by Dean Hess. Should make a eye catching model. :)

Scanned Section 5-1.jpg

Nice! Looking forward to see your progress! Are you planning on using the kit decals or do you source the markings from somewhere else  / masks?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Nice! Looking forward to see your progress! Are you planning on using the kit decals or do you source the markings from somewhere else  / masks?

I plan to use the kit decals although I do have some after market ones which are for his later markings.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, JohnB said:

I plan to use the kit decals although I do have some after market ones which are for his later markings.

Interesting! I'm very curious to see how they'll look, once on the model. I always hear horror stories about the being too thick. Interestingly enough, Cartograf decals are not the thinnest, either, but I have never seen anybody griping about them. Or I just haven't seen them doing it! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Interesting! I'm very curious to see how they'll look, once on the model. I always hear horror stories about the being too thick. Interestingly enough, Cartograf decals are not the thinnest, either, but I have never seen anybody griping about them. Or I just haven't seen them doing it! :D

I've used Tamiya kit decals many times. I would prefer them to be a bit thinner but they are still usable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1