Jump to content
“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

Bf 109 F-4/trop. diorama „Marseilles’ 50th victory“


Recommended Posts

Here are some pics of my small diorama with the Messerschmitt Bf-109 F-4/trop. representing a scene when Lt. Marseille achieved his 50th victory in North Africa in February 1942.

The model is the Hasegawa Bf-109 F with figures from Aires representing Marseille and his Sqn Ldr. Homuth. 
The barrel is from Tamiya.

03895533-BDD2-4D91-86DC-CE9C22AF4C1C.jpeg

0EB71F94-ACB5-4B41-B7DC-7B0412FE2F81.jpeg

7634B088-33D4-4B0C-B26B-77BF75982D61.jpeg

0DB1A47A-5C1F-4A65-919D-0EC1C3A80315.jpeg

AD499D75-0670-489B-B983-C1D8E2B6D344.jpeg

302C7AFC-D63F-40B6-A217-76563894305E.jpeg

52F91054-083F-4CD0-883B-53531F159F26.jpeg

D04088D9-D11E-49CB-AD76-C37180EBFFA0.jpeg

C85A20AF-CEF6-46EE-913C-398824F6C20E.jpeg

358AB2BD-BD39-450B-8D04-33F03F962640.jpeg

E24A80DC-9D8F-4E9D-831B-B86178E9F756.jpeg

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice little dio. The figures look believable good and I like, how the 109 blends into the surrounding sand.

Cheers Rob

Thanks for your feedback Rob!

The camouflage scheme is not one of the most attractive for a 109 but I‘m really interested in the character of Marseille and the history behind him.

I have 2 really nice books: 1 about him and his life (sadly only in German) and another one about the planes he flew. Can really recommend them for the ones who are also interested in this iconic fighter pilot.

07F8A3CB-8073-492C-9672-8DE930B9D36B.jpeg

95921D29-575E-4180-81BC-BC9C7824110C.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I love it!  Great model and great diorama!

I've always been scared away from those Aires and other figures, as the boxes make the figures look a little rough.  But they seem to actually be quite nice with crisp details.

Thank you for your compliment Mike.

You are right: the Aires-Figures are really nice and crisp.

The Homuth-figure even has a cigarette between his fingers. Only the smoke is missing...;)03C2671D-46B5-475B-8C6B-BCE81A754F42.thumb.jpeg.d4fa38754a8d635af685b630ae49e83e.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent diorama and 109, Kai!  And I really like your figures! 

 

I even bought "Der Stern von Afrika" and enjoyed watching it.  Marseille is a tragic figure to me in that he was untouchable in combat but fell because of engine trouble and a bad bail-out.

 

Great job!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Excellent diorama and 109, Kai!  And I really like your figures! 

 

I even bought "Der Stern von Afrika" and enjoyed watching it.  Marseille is a tragic figure to me in that he was untouchable in combat but fell because of engine trouble and a bad bail-out.

 

Great job!

 

Thanks for your feedback Gaz! 
Really appreciate that.

You are right, he is a really tragic figure.

I sometimes thought how his career would have continued if he didn’t die when he bailed out. He was the third fighter pilot to reach 150 victories and all in the west. The other 2 were fighting at the Ostfront.

The film you mentioned is old but still very nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, k5ikl said:

Outstanding build Kai.  Love the diorama aspect.  I have built that kit but in a different scheme.
Still have one in the stash to do as Marseilles bird also.

Cheers,
Jerry

A VERY NICE.jpg

Thank you for your nice feedback Jerry!

Marseille is one of my favorite pilots of WW2. I try to put my models into a small scene so that the viewer can imagine a story behind the model. And it also is a good training to painting figures which I hated a couple of years before. But with simple techniques it’s not that complicated.
You will laugh, I‘ve also build a second one of his aircraft (see attached fotos).

Which one did you build and which one do you plan to? 

0E59A1A9-AF7A-4825-B692-4CDD4DDF718F.jpeg

72E1B2B0-B7FA-4F96-8409-51B1FB9B4EDA.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Thank you for your nice feedback Jerry!

Marseille is one of my favorite pilots of WW2. I try to put my models into a small scene so that the viewer can imagine a story behind the model. And it also is a good training to painting figures which I hated a couple of years before. But with simple techniques it’s not that complicated.
You will laugh, I‘ve also build a second one of his aircraft (see attached fotos).

Which one did you build and which one do you plan to? 

0E59A1A9-AF7A-4825-B692-4CDD4DDF718F.jpeg

72E1B2B0-B7FA-4F96-8409-51B1FB9B4EDA.jpeg

Going to do the same as you did above but as Black 1 of Franz Scheiss.  Maybe Marseilles later.

BF109G4-Y8-1.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-2.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-3.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-4.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Going to do the same as you did above but as Black 1 of Franz Scheiss.  Maybe Marseilles later.

BF109G4-Y8-1.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-2.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-3.JPG

BF109G4-Y8-4.JPG

Your G-2 is stunning build, Jerry! I‘m a fan of mottling on a 109 and yours is a perfect example. Very well done! 
Is this the Revell variant of the Hasegawa kit? Who was the pilot of your beauty? Good choice of decals because the bar and the 8 in yellow are real eye-catchers! Are they Eagle Cals? 

I think you can build Franz Schiess‘ plane out of the box when you build the Revell G-2. Do I remember right? 

Looking forward to seeing another one of your 109s here!

Thanks again 

Cheers 

Kai

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Your G-2 is stunning build, Jerry! I‘m a fan of mottling on a 109 and yours is a perfect example. Very well done! 
Is this the Revell variant of the Hasegawa kit? Who was the pilot of your beauty? Good choice of decals because the bar and the 8 in yellow are real eye-catchers! Are they Eagle Cals? 

I think you can build Franz Schiess‘ plane out of the box when you build the Revell G-2. Do I remember right? 

Looking forward to seeing another one of your 109s here!

Thanks again 

Cheers 

Kai

This is the Monogram ProModeler (Hasegawa) Bf-109G-4/Trop kit.  Used the kit decals and no pilot name was given.

Cheers,
Jerry

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...