The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

ICM A-26B up next

JohnB

I have decided to go ahead and get started on this kit. Should make a good looking model. This is the scheme I plan to go for (unless I change my mind at some point).

s-l500.jpg

5-11-21 A-26.jpg

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

This is one of those moments when you say OK to 1/48. It’s one heckuva kit from what I’ve heard!  

Looks really good in the box so we will see. :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Looking forward to your digging in and starting the build. I still have the HB 32nd B-26B and while a different scale, will be taking lots of notes

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Today I started painting the interior and doing a little bit of work on the cockpit. I plan to use a Eduard PE cockpit set I've had on hand for years. It was meant for the Monogram/Promodeler kits but I think it will work okay with this one. I also will substitute some props from a Monogram/Promodeler kit which are a bit more accurate. I also have some old True Details tires that I intend to use. :)

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

This one is on my to get list, so looking forward to how it should be built and finished……:popcorn:

I hope my build will be of help to you. :)

• Like 4

A little late for it but I decided to compare the innards of the ICM kit to the Monogram/Promodeler. As you can see the Monogram interior has it hands down over the ICM kit, even after some PE has been added. I'm undecided as to what I'll do but I'm considering pirating some of the Mono/Pro and using that for the interior. Ve Vill see!:wacko::)

5-15-21 001.jpg

5-15-21 002.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice comparison and I'm in the camp of using the Monogram kit as a donor kit for your build.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I think that is what I will do Peter. I tentatively will use the floor and rear bulkhead if I can get them to fit (shouldn't be much of a problem). I will also use a set of Mono/Pro props and some True Details wheels. I'm surprised how much better the Mono/Pro kit is in interior details. Go figure! :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Yup, go with what works best. Who would have thought?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

In view of all that I'm somewhat disappointed in this kit. Oh well, onward and upward! :)

• Like 4

After some trimming it's time for a test fit for the Mono/Pro parts. Rear bulkhead and cockpit floor/wheel well. :) Seems to be a workable solution to the lack of detail in the ICM kit. I expect the after market guys will come up with the properly detailed parts at some point.

5-15-21 2 001.jpg

5-16-21 001.jpg

5-16-21 002.jpg

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Fantastic work on melding the two kits front office parts together. Looks perfect.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Just some trimming and the Monogram parts fit okay. :)

• Like 4