The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-51 racer Bardahl Miss #49

Just getting started on this one. It will be one of E.D. Weiner's racers. I've removed the fuselage fuel tank and added a "floor" piece plus I've removed some of the side wall areas that were likely removed from the real a/c (in my estimation LOL) and added fuselage stringers that would then be visible. I think the yellow/black color scheme will be very eye-catching!

1-15-22 001.jpg

Bardahl Miss.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Daywalker said:

NICE!!!  Looking forward to seeing this one.  Pulling up a chair...

This ought to be a real eye-catcher. It will have to have the wings clipped and racing tips added which I'll have to scratch build (fingers crossed it goes well!). 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

This is going to be good, did you buy a pallet of P51’s …….

I sure hope it will be good! LOL No, I had a Tamiya kit in the stash waiting for attention so now it's time has come. :)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JohnB said:

This ought to be a real eye-catcher. It will have to have the wings clipped and racing tips added which I'll have to scratch build (fingers crossed it goes well!). 😉

Could the basic racing tips be 3d printed? Just a thought...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

You're off to the races and what a fantastic subject. Going to be front and center as long as I can.:popcorn:

So Bardhal Miss #49 is going to be all Tamiya - sweet! Interior wok looks perfect as always.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter. Hopefully this one will turn out well. I see some hurdles ahead however. 😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great start John. Do you have a production-line for Mustangs? Your building speed is incredible! 

Thank you Kai. Still a long way to go but I look forward to making some nice progress. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Excellent progress, John.

Thanks Gaz!!! I felt like I was in a rut in my modeling until I found the availability of the good quality racer decals. Now I can proceed with a bit more enjoyment in my builds. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice work on the front office - looking mighty good. Just love the gray color. it's an eye catcher for sure.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Something a bit different from the military look! Nice change of pace for me. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great John. I had this mixed up with your other Mustang racer and didn't realize it was a new build thread. 

The clipped wingtips hopefully won't be too challenging.

Carl

Easy to do Carl. :) Similar names but totally different a/c. I cut the wingtips and horizontal stabs tips off last evening so now I can go on and get the rest of the wing parts installed and the wing halves put together. Then I'll begin sealing off and molding the tips into racing mods. Fingers crossed it won't be a buggerup! LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

You’re really flying this this build and she is looking so good. What’s your plan on clipping the wings?
Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Cut 'em off last evening along with the horizontal stabs tips so now I can attach all the wing innards and cement the halves together. Then I'll see about molding the tips into racing tips which, I hope, won't be too tough. We'll see! :)

• Like 2