The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-51 racer Bardahl Miss #49

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just catching up as it’s been crazy here with all the construction for the Reno. We’re just about at the point of a needed break, time to start packing up what seems almost everything, so we’re ready for painting and floors.

Awesome progress on Bardahl Miss - just love the multi colored prop and the gloss yellow paint looks perfect. Yup, the checkerboard decals are going to take time but are looking tremendous. She is going to be a ‘stunner’ for sure.

Beautiful work
Keep ‘em comin

Peter

It's coming along pretty well Peter. Those checks are very touchy and tend to curl up which can be a problem AND a cuss-factor. I'm glad they are only on the fuselage and not the wings too! LOL 🤪

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KevinM said:

The Racer looking Good!John what you going to do with the canopy?I gave mine to a guy some 12yrs ago with the intention he replace it on another board never saw that happen.:hsmack:

Since I've built several Tamiya P-51's I have a bunch of extra canopies since they supply 4 or 5 different versions in each kit.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KevinM said:

I was inquiring about the Corsair canopy John?

Since you posted that on my Mustang build and didn't state you were asking about a CORSAIR canopy I naturally thought you were referring to a MUSTANG canopy. What version of the Corsair? Birdcage, -1A, or -1D? PM me on this Kevin.

27 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Absolutely stunning looking bird. This Mustang will get all the attention on the shelf. I think, I've a new genre to discover.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob! Me too! A whole new outlook on the airplane builds.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Awesome work John! This will be a stunning eyecatcher in the end! Love it! 

Thanks Kai! I too think it will be a eye catcher and will go along well with my other Mustang racer Bardahl Special. It's nice to get a change of interest and build a whole new genre of warbirds. I'm figuring on a Hasegawa 1/48 P-38L next. It wasn't a racer but was a "airshow" aircraft. Check it out.

Bardahl Lightning 2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JohnB said:

Thanks Kai! I too think it will be a eye catcher and will go along well with my other Mustang racer Bardahl Special. It's nice to get a change of interest and build a whole new genre of warbirds. I'm figuring on a Hasegawa 1/48 P-38L next. It wasn't a racer but was a "airshow" aircraft. Check it out.

Bardahl Lightning 2.jpg

John

Can't wait to see your magical touch on the P-38 - going to be a gem.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Can't wait to see your magical touch on the P-38 - going to be a gem.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I look forward to that one too Peter. :)

I hope y'all are staying warm and out of the weather!

John

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Blizzard conditions: snow and wind - oh what fun ❄️☃️

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I guess all you can do is hunker down and try to stay warm. No fun!🤪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

hunker down and wait for the blizzard to blow on through and hope the electric stays on

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I hate it when the power goes out! I bought a good generator a while back and it's really come in handy a few times. Beats the crap out of sitting around in the dark, etc. 😉

• Like 3