Flying Tiger P-40

recon

• Administrators

Wow. That’s a chunk of change!  Anyone know of a comparison between the GW and the Trumpeter?  I keep hearing it’s not good, but I’ve never seen what’s not good, so I’m going to plan on building mine one day anyhow. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Wow. That’s a chunk of change!  

I think the best bet for any GWH kit is to get it overseas. The local importers unfortunately seem to charge a fortune. At least here in Canada. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Wow. That’s a chunk of change!

Scott I have seen buying from OSeas put the cost at 60/70% just got to browse around.I have the trump kit myself has a quite a few short comings just depends on your requirement for accuracy.I am sure it with be a P-40 to 98% of the people out but us builders who know the details.........?It is what it is.:hsmack:

I'm sorry Scott  how about 50%    https://www.ebay.com/itm/373820733287

• Like 3

Just curious, but I noticed that the GWH kit decals do not appear to include the Chinese Nationalist AF roundels. That seems odd to me - any idea why? Is that a political statement by the Chicoms?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, biggtim said:

Just curious, but I noticed that the GWH kit decals do not appear to include the Chinese Nationalist AF roundels. That seems odd to me - any idea why? Is that a political statement by the Chicoms?

Definitely something to keep the Chicoms happy but the roundels are in the kit. 

PXL_20220830_154648062_MP.thumb.jpg.feed5c08ced48b21a58befa48e04199f.jpg

They've even made them into two parts like they do with swastikas in Europe. 

• Like 3