Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

2022 LSM Christmas Raffle.

Clunkmeister

Screw it, 

I'll participate with a $75 dollar (US) gift card to whichever shop you'd like, but it won't be available till January 15th 2023. I'd also like to be in the draw, but will say leave me out of the grand prize draw as I'm one, not that lucky, but two, if I should be feel it's unfair to the rest of the crowd!

Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Exactly!

Its a flippin’ JETMADS SAAB VIGGEN IN 1/32!!    I bought THREE of them for exactly this reason.  They will NEVER be offered in 1/32 again, they build up into perfect examples of the amazing Viggen, and not only that, it’s one of the most unique, and coolest looking jets ever built, anywhere, EVER!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ok, finally sorted through the stash and took a hard look at what I may build ( uh huh...:piliot:) and what I most likely will not.  I'll offer up the 1/48 ZM F-4C Phantom II, with the G-Factor Brass landing gear which I picked up at SMW in Telford a few years ago.  If the recipient is overseas (from the US), I'll offer up a $75 gift card to the hobby shop of their choice.

image.thumb.jpeg.52d9b3fd8d74c2e837c95fc79ee91759.jpeg

Thanks to Ernie for organizing this, and I'm voting to have Ernie participate along with the rest of us!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Ok, finally sorted through the stash and took a hard look at what I may build ( uh huh...:piliot:) and what I most likely will not.  I'll offer up the 1/48 ZM F-4C Phantom II, with the G-Factor Brass landing gear which I picked up at SMW in Telford a few years ago.  If the recipient is overseas (from the US), I'll offer up a $75 gift card to the hobby shop of their choice.

image.thumb.jpeg.52d9b3fd8d74c2e837c95fc79ee91759.jpeg

Thanks to Ernie for organizing this, and I'm voting to have Ernie participate along with the rest of us!  

Yeah … Enough of Ernie’s lame excuses fot not adding a kit to his stash 😂. I vote yes as well !

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

Guys,

Years back when we started this Christmas Raffle, I put myself up as the sole organizer for a reason: to allow everyone the opportunity to participate. 
There have been other modeling sites that either do, or have done this, and the organizers participate as well.  The organizers seem to more often than not, win a fancy prize.  I DAMNED WELL REFUSE to ever allow myself to be in a position of even perceived to be in a position to compromise like that. Ever. 
I truly love and respect your thoughts here, guys, and it absolutely humbles me, but honestly, along with my personal reasons, I quite seriously don’t need another kit. My stash IS going down as I slowly build and get rid of stuff.  
The one thing I always hope is that all y’all invite your friends, modeling family, and buddies from around the world to join us here on this site. LSM is a great place to be, y’all! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Administrators

Last year, Winnie won a big prize. I’m going to offer that exact same prize again this year, but as a personal gift from me.  
It’s a bit over the limit I arbitrarily set, but I’m the organizer, so screw you! 😂😂😂😂😂

This is payback for daring to think I’d join in!  Ha! 
Someone will get a Border Models Lancaster plus VAT allowance for a European or ANZAC winner. From me. Not as a Grand Prize. So you gotta donate to be eligible to win it. 
You’ll get the kit, plus money to pay the tax man. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HubertB said:

Yeah … Enough of Ernie’s lame excuses fot not adding a kit to his stash 😂. I vote yes as well !

Hubert

It would literally take me 400 years to build everything I have already. I’d rather some of y’all get some of it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

John is on a different level. I can't even work on the same kit for more than a couple minutes, oh look squirrels! ... 

Ahem, back to what I was saying. The closet any of us mortals could get to John's speed would be to literally snip all the parts off the sprues, put them in the box, pour in the paint and glue and shake. I guarantee the finished model won't look anything like what he can do in the same amount of time. :D

Which is a long way of saying I'd love to see you in the raffle as well.

Carl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It would literally take me 400 years to build everything I have already. I’d rather some of y’all get some of it. 

Were all getting younger( keep telling yourself) Ernie you got plenty of time.:)

As for Me I really do not have any real serious quality kits to offer when I buy one it really is for me.My stuff is ROG,Trump,Hase and a couple of Tamys :hsmack:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Last year, Winnie won a big prize. I’m going to offer that exact same prize again this year, but as a personal gift from me.  
It’s a bit over the limit I arbitrarily set, but I’m the organizer, so screw you! 😂😂😂😂😂

This is payback for daring to think I’d join in!  Ha! 
Someone will get a Border Models Lancaster plus VAT allowance for a European or ANZAC winner. From me. Not as a Grand Prize. So you gotta donate to be eligible to win it. 
You’ll get the kit, plus money to pay the tax man. 

Ernie...................... YOU are the MOST generous man I have ever known.... you're one in a million.... a true Gent... very rare these days... my hat is off to you my friend

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5