The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I made something for my daughter for Christmas

ScottsGT

Every year for the past 10 years or so my youngest daughter has presented me with a Christmas gag gift.  One year, a gold fish. Last year a cheap add on bidet. The list goes on…

Earlier this year I was installing insulation panels in my garage door.  One bottom panel wouldn’t go in place so I stuck my fingers down into the framework and pulled out a petrified Toad.  Instantly had a brilliant idea.  

You see, my gag gift daughter is deadly afraid of frogs and toads. Even at 23 yo.  So today I made her a Christmas ornament for her tree.  

Petrified toad

FB9BB73B-F185-4FA4-861E-9A32056AB23B.jpeg

After crafting out a cute little Santa hat, carved a styrofoam ball and applied some fake snow. 
6DA9F10C-B75A-469B-B796-289DF56F0C86.jpeg

closed up

E7688CBE-5911-4C69-9939-E83B61E8A4C0.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 12

On 12/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, ScottsGT said:

Every year for the past 10 years or so my youngest daughter has presented me with a Christmas gag gift.  One year, a gold fish. Last year a cheap add on bidet. The list goes on…

Earlier this year I was installing insulation panels in my garage door.  One bottom panel wouldn’t go in place so I stuck my fingers down into the framework and pulled out a petrified Toad.  Instantly had a brilliant idea.  

You see, my gag gift daughter is deadly afraid of frogs and toads. Even at 23 yo.  So today I made her a Christmas ornament for her tree.  

Petrified toad

FB9BB73B-F185-4FA4-861E-9A32056AB23B.jpeg

After crafting out a cute little Santa hat, carved a styrofoam ball and applied some fake snow. 
6DA9F10C-B75A-469B-B796-289DF56F0C86.jpeg

closed up

E7688CBE-5911-4C69-9939-E83B61E8A4C0.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ironically, I've always identified with petrified toads, don't know why..I've always thought

they were brethren.... Just me, I've just felt that way....perhaps because the Kenneth Grahame stories. Only Tamiya kits....versus motorcars...and gypsy wagons...just me.

P.s. where can I get one of those add-on bidets?.....just asking!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Ok, just so everyone doesn’t think I’m the Scrooge Ernie makes me out to be…

I also made this for her. She got married last year in an outdoor wedding.  The next morning after the wedding I went back by the venue to pick up something we left the night before.  
The place was completely surrounded by river rocks.  I got a wild idea at that moment and picked out a nice big one.  
I pulled out some wedding photos and airbrushed her background for the wedding on the rock.  I’m going to put all the info on the back. Date, location, etc. 

385D6354-CB7F-4494-BF17-D319AF1CD732.jpegF6C5512D-80E1-4871-B1F0-D2006A0171B7.jpeg

I’m the good looking guy on the left. Other guy is the intruder, and the wife.   Daughter should be obvious since she’s the one in the “one and done” dress.  
Of course it rained on the day of her outdoor wedding, and we got the nuptials in between showers.  But you cannot see the mountains in the background.  Maybe the rock will give her the “Mandela effect” and she’ll remember the mountains one day. 
December wedding, so that’s why there are Christmas trees behind us.  

• Like 9

Oh, almost forgot….

She came home to visit during the summer and went rummaging through our bill drawer where I kept this rock.  
“Dad? Are you losing your mind?  You have this random rock in the drawer with the bills.” 
Yea honey, it’s just a random rock.  Now leave my damned rock alone!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ok, just so everyone doesn’t think I’m the Scrooge Ernie makes me out to be…

I also made this for her. She got married last year in an outdoor wedding.  The next morning after the wedding I went back by the venue to pick up something we left the night before.  
The place was completely surrounded by river rocks.  I got a wild idea at that moment and picked out a nice big one.  
I pulled out some wedding photos and airbrushed her background for the wedding on the rock.  I’m going to put all the info on the back. Date, location, etc. 

385D6354-CB7F-4494-BF17-D319AF1CD732.jpegF6C5512D-80E1-4871-B1F0-D2006A0171B7.jpeg

I’m the good looking guy on the left. Other guy is the intruder, and the wife.   Daughter should be obvious since she’s the one in the “one and done” dress.  
Of course it rained on the day of her outdoor wedding, and we got the nuptials in between showers.  But you cannot see the mountains in the background.  Maybe the rock will give her the “Mandela effect” and she’ll remember the mountains one day. 
December wedding, so that’s why there are Christmas trees behind us.  

A couple of very lucky guys right there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Martinnfb said:

I wish to have father in law like you Scott. :)

Sorry, my daughters are married off already.  And I don’t think my boys would go along with it either.  
But if you were, I wouldn’t have to worry about the stash going in the dumpster after I’m looking up at roots.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5