Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

2022 LSM Christmas Raffle WINNERS.

Clunkmeister

7 hours ago, Winnie said:

So being in the EMS world now, I have a good story of spraying things with the "back-fan"... A buddy of mine picked up a patient who was injured badly in an accident and bleeding profusely. Well the blood seeped out the copilot door, then flowed back along the tailboom, then was atomized by said fan... helicopter had to be torn apart to be cleaned... apparently blood is very corrosive...

Very!  I’ve seen some old WWII bring back guns where blood was left on them and it’s as bad as leaving them to soak in the ocean.  

• Like 2

Blood also sets like concrete if it's in sufficient quantities. I remember speaking to the senior mortuary technician at our hospital about it and he said if a body was left too long on the slab after an RTA or such you almost had to chisel it off with a jackhammer. Rather her than me... 😰

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 2:40 PM, harv said:

Today I received my raffle gift from Hubert ! Thans so much my friend!!......harv 

20230121_133743.jpg

For some reason I’m hung up on odd looking and ugly airplanes lately.  Example, I have a Guppy conversion for a TBM on the way to go with my Fisher Guppy.  
I really need to add this kit to my stash. Oops, I meant to say to my built airplanes in the display case. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/26/2023 at 3:25 PM, npb748r said:

just spotted this - sorry I missed it. I wont next year, I have some kits in the stash that I know I wont build and would make perfect gifts !

Good!  We try to spice it up every year, and have a good time doing so.  It’s a work in progress, but it’ll only get better. 

• Like 2