Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell-S-100 Schnellboat-1/72

6 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Looks awesome!  Love to see so many weapons on one little boat.

I still have to make up some more mags for the Quad.The torpedoes are are not glued in the cradles I made a square U 1/16" wide out of the .010" guitar wire and weaved it through the strap holes and trimmed.Snug fit.;)

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Amazing progress.  I can only imagine the feelings as the frustration builds after reworking such small parts so many times, but the results are so well worth your determination to get it right.  Awesome work.

Thanks Peter I think once the stanchions hit the deck and the chain across the back will add quite abit to the look .....I Hope.;)

• Like 2

Can you tell I am on Holiday?I keep pressing this one forward .I have added more to the bow section still need to add rails,anchor gaff pole.The Kalotte still needs bit and pieces to finish it out reason for no Future there yet.The bridge is done except for antennas and life rings.I start tomorrow with highlights and weathering wish me luck.The S-100's had more metal and heavier than the S-38's so rust but I am thinking a greenish grey for vertical streaks to the hull like algae and maybe the occasional oil?

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

S-100 003.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

All the hard work is paying off in big dividends, as she is looking so good. Some algae streaks sound just fine but not too much.

You would believe the beating these boats took Peter but trust me I am not that good it will be light.;)

1 hour ago, CANicoll said:

Nice work and can't wait to see how the painting and weathering comes.  There is so much detail to view!

Rust around the T-hatches,mildew gunwale,highlights on the T-tubes loading area and such.Thks Peter/Chris;)

schnell.jpeg

• Like 5

It looks better in person than the photos show different angles show different colors like the rear deck has brown blended in looks best I guess 30' angle from the deck.I am not trying to kill the ship enhance and highlight.We should see progress daily this week with off hope not to bore you guys.;)

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

S-100 003.JPG

• Like 6

Thks Chris I moved onto the foredeck started one torpedo tube was to stark wiped it down thinking powders is my usual on the sides of ships.I think it will be the choice for the greens and scuffs from docking the gunwale.;)

• Like 2

There are some mighty fine Schnellboot builds presented here, lately. Yours becomes better with every step Kevin, be it detailing or painting and weathering. I would consider some white for the weathering, replicating salt residues. I imagine these boats take a lot of spray, even in moderate conditions.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not through with the weathering still got the sides of the hull to go.I do not have much more to add to the fore deck mainly just the anchor which I plan to repaint probably black/gray.I went what I thought was light on the rust using a rubber paint brush Nice and Pointy.I just had to start on the railings lesson learned glue in play bottom rung first and attach carefully the bottom wire gets the alignment done straight every thing else falls into place.;)

S-100 003.JPG

S-100 004.JPG

S-100 005.JPG

S-100 006.JPG

S-100 007.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Amazing progress and nothing jumps out at me as being too bright or 'too much'. Tremendous work.

Thanks for the input Peter I did try on a section of painting the wire best to leave it be.;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RockieYarwood said:

I think that looks terrific, Kev!

Thanks Rookie their have been days I want to move on.;)

13 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Your S-boat looks great Kev...  low slung and deadly.

Appreciate that Gary still have to play with hull some see if I can screw the pooch?:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Looking fantastic and you're absolutely in the home stretch now and seeing the finish line.

I am definitely starting to see and feel it's coming Peter it's becoming a struggle to go at this point "Do I really need that PE":hsmack:

I really do like the effects of the chain and it's scale works out to one link is 1" long.;)

• Like 2