The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Revell Spitfire Mk IIa

Done and in the Books. A good looking Spitfire when finished, having it's moments and issues during construction but for a $30 kit, so very well worth the extra effort. Can't wait to have it sitting side by side the new Kotare Spitfire Mk Ia down the road for comparison. AM used for the build: Quinta Cockpit set, Barracuda resin and Quinta cockpit set and AK Real Colors paint. 

itKA5Q.jpg

q5gPUI.jpg

2hf0tA.jpg

AB4rSi.jpg

8ocrMG.jpg

T2wI3o.jpg

• Like 9

Peter, To be honest I was very surprised by your choice of the Revell kit, if not strait out skeptical when you started your build. But hey, I was wrong, you proved once again how advance are your modeling skills and patience. Bravo! 

Cheers

M.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. As always, a bit of a struggle in spots but in the end, she surely looks the part.

Yup, the 109 is underway and I started a build thread last Friday ZM Bf 109 Hartmann. John changed his build title when he changed the paint scheme and it will be easier for everyone to keep tabs hopefully. Just posted the second update.

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, looking back except for a few spots, the Revell kit was a nice build and so worth the cost. 

BOB build is surely in the offering now with the Kotare Spitfire, Revells Hurricane and I guess either the Trumpeter or Hasegawa 109E.  See how it all plays out this year.

• Like 1

Martin

Keep it up and surely my hats won't fit at all. Thank you so much for the very kind compliments on the build. For me, the best part was my hands reached the point of I can finally free hand air brushing again and now I'm off and running.

• Like 1