The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Birdcage Corsair

19 hours ago, JohnB said:

Well you DID intrude and I don't appreciate it.

My apologies John, wasn't my intention at all!!! Only wanted to share her color scheme is all. I Love your work and never was it meant to upset you! My Deepest and Humblest Apologies!

Alfonso

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

One thing we don’t do here is point the same thing out multiple times regarding a member’s build. The build is the member’s personal representation of a historical subject, and his build thread is not the place to pick away at it.  It’s perfectly acceptable to point something out, but after that, it’s up to the builder whether he wants to make changes or not  FYI, my birdcage has the same scheme as John’s and I used two tone as well.

It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge of USN schemes. I’d recommend you prepare a feature on them and publish it in  Modeling Discussion, where it’ll benefit everyone and not be buried in someone’s build thread.

If it’s convincing enough and can be backed up with fact, we’ll even pin it to the top of the board for all to see.

Thanks, an welcome to the forums.

Ernie

I only mentioned it once and was asked for proof so tried to clarify it with the photos that were posted. Didn't mean any harm by it or even played the "Know it All". Only tried to share what I know and clarify the color scheme. My Deepest and Sincerest Apologies to all!

Alfonso

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Kaeone57 said:

My apologies John, wasn't my intention at all!!! Only wanted to share her color scheme is all. I Love your work and never was it meant to upset you! My Deepest and Humblest Apologies!

Alfonso

Hey Alfonso! You didn’t do anything wrong because you didn’t know.  Personally, on my builds, I appreciate a deep dive into accuracy issues. I’m kinda anal that way, but other folks react differently. So no need to apologize everything‘s cool with me

• Like 3

Hey Alfonso, firstly welcome to the forum. Secondly, no need to apologize. Your input is appreciated , this is public forum and the sharing of your knowledge's important to all of us.  We are here to help each other and have fun.

Just to keep it relevant I am going to post some pictures of Virgils Corsair and we can perhaps discuss the camouflage evolution of VMF-214 in a separate topic, since it is a quite convoluted can of worms. :) 

Cheers

Martin

ray_vg_blacksheep.thumb.jpg.9c9e4898b964d601398ece8a73344cc2.jpg    

ray_vg_122.jpg

ray_vg_heroshot_large.jpg

ray_vg_publicity3.jpg

ray_vg_publicity2.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Kaeone57 said:

Alfonso

Accepted.

• Like 3

• Administrators

John what paints are you using for your light blue? Are they AK? Because I need to buy some more, I use them all up on my buffalo and my birdcage and of course I threw the empty bottles away like an idiot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

John what paints are you using for your light blue? Are they AK? Because I need to buy some more, I use them all up on my buffalo and my birdcage and of course I threw the empty bottles away like an idiot.

Testor's Model Master

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Hey Alfonso, firstly welcome to the forum. Secondly, no need to apologize. Your input is appreciated , this is public forum and the sharing of your knowledge's important to all of us.  We are here to help each other and have fun.

Just to keep it relevant I am going to post some pictures of Virgils Corsair and we can perhaps discuss the camouflage evolution of VMF-214 in a separate topic, since it is a quite convoluted can of worms. :) 

Cheers

Martin

ray_vg_122.jpg

ray_vg_publicity3.jpg

ray_vg_publicity2.jpg

My apologies to post on your post again John, just replying to Martin, I'm Kool with that. Send me a link to where you want to do this at and I'll share what I can.

Alfonso

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Cheers

Martin

ray_vg_122.jpg

ray_vg_publicity3.jpg

ray_vg_publicity2.jpg

BTW, the second pic you posted is when Virgil Ray was attached to VMF-122, hence the bulldog logo.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kaeone57 said:

My apologies to post on your post again John, just replying to Martin, I'm Kool with that. Send me a link to where you want to do this at and I'll share what I can.

Alfonso

I started a topic related to Corsair, so we have it on one pile as a resource. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Thanks. LOL. Ok. Aaaand it’s out of production. Dang!   

Someone gave me this on our sister forum seeing RLM04 has been out at my usual source Ernie and it's enamels and lacquers are coming it looks like.I just got the info yesterday and have not order yet but EG on the other site says they go a long way.

https://www.truenorthpaints.com/paintstore

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Looks awesome John!!

is there any path forward with the Tamiya kit to convert to a -4/5 or 7?

I am as big fan of the long nose versions 

P

Thank you Pete. No, there aren't any conversion sets that I know of unfortunately and it appears Tamiya has stopped issuing any more Corsair versions in 1/32. The only -4 I'm aware of is the Trumpeter kit which needs a good bit of work to make it anywhere near correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1