The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Carpet monster has stepped up his game

ScottsGT

Got back from our Caribbean cruise last week and my machined pitot tube for my F-14 was in the mailbox from Victory Productions.  Cool. Set it on my end table next to my recliner.  Still in the package. 

Went to grab it last night, nowhere to be found.  Tore the house apart looking for it.  Just gave up and ordered another one.  
$14 probably got tossed in the trash.  Or now that I ordered a replacement it will show up. :hsmack:

LOL!  I just found it after placing the order.  
:rofl:

Oh well, I guess I’ll upgrade my VX-4 Black Bunny in my display case.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Got back from our Caribbean cruise last week and my machined pitot tube for my F-14 was in the mailbox from Victory Productions.  Cool. Set it on my end table next to my recliner.  Still in the package. 

Went to grab it last night, nowhere to be found.  Tore the house apart looking for it.  Just gave up and ordered another one.  
$14 probably got tossed in the trash.  Or now that I ordered a replacement it will show up. :hsmack:

LOL!  I just found it after placing the order.  
:rofl:

Oh well, I guess I’ll upgrade my VX-4 Black Bunny in my display case.  

• Like 2

The worst case I've had with the carpet monster absconding with something was a Tamiya 1/32 F-4 fuselage. Yup, the  whole one piece fuselage. I've had a squirrel chew on a nose cone, but how the fuselage disappeared I have no idea. 

I never found it. I know it didn't get thrown out but to this day, I have no idea where it went. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Best I've had was a Sparrow for the 1/32 Tamiya F15C which fell victim to a wandering Jack Russell. I say Jack Russell but I think he's actually an ambulatory bin as he'll try and eat anything. Thankfully he seems to have guts of cast iron as he's eaten a few things that should have done him real harm and just bounced straight through it. 

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The worst case I've had with the carpet monster absconding with something was a Tamiya 1/32 F-4 fuselage. Yup, the  whole one piece fuselage. I've had a squirrel chew on a nose cone, but how the fuselage disappeared I have no idea. 

I never found it. I know it didn't get thrown out but to this day, I have no idea where it went. 

And that from the man, who sometimes is followed by LS U-boat kits. You are a strange fellow, Carl :D.

Cheers Rob

• Haha 6

Not as bad as Carl, but I lost the compete PE for my Fore Schnellboot along the metal barrels, clear parts and decals in November. We had a bad rain there and water was seeping in and mushed up the S-boat box. I evacuated the sprues and manual and put the PE onto another stashed box and forgot about it after the incident. Reshuffling my stash some days later, I put some other boxes onto the one and the PE was lost forever, or at least so long, that the USS Arizona was the substitute contribution to the GB. After Arizona was done and I was about to buy a new Schnellboot kit, I found the stuff.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

We nearly lost our carpet monster over the weekend. 

Fursnake on Saturday snuck out the back door when our son was trying to get our other cat in. I was at my bench in the afternoon and found it odd that I didn't have my furry parts catcher. Our initial search didn't turn her up and Sue thought she was maybe hiding in the house. Turns out she had crossed the street and made sad faces at our neighbours.  They brought her to their vet who couldn't find a microchip so she was brought to the local animal shelter. The neighbours then posted a thread to the neighbourhood Facebook group where someone we knew saw the posting and told us. 

After getting in touch with our neighbours, we found out what shelter they'd brought her to and picked her up Sunday morning. 

So Fur is home safe again and ready to shed on my bench and keep me company. 

PXL_20230604_151815973.thumb.jpg.52882bb830ada5720a86e88ac86cd45e.jpg

• Like 6

As I was reworking the ejection seat of my Cutlass, I found out that using a power-tool on a delicate assembly of resin, plastic, brass rods and brass sheet was a sure way of feeding my variety of carpet-monster (called woodenfloorus omnivorus)… I could swear I saw its gaping jaws jump at the flying parts on their ballistic trajectory to the Lagrange point … Dune’s sandworms have a much smaller mouth, I tell you …

Anyway, back to some more (unwanted) scratchbuilding 🤪 !

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Haha 2